Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

Hi everybody,

Today, it’s my pleasure to introduce you to jsliao – our new Moderator at JoomlArt.

As JoomlArt continues to grow, we are setting up new Moderator to provide you a quicker and better support for our ultimate JoomlArt members.

jsliao is fairly new but his moderation application has shown his keen enthusiasm in helping people here at JoomlArt. As an active Developer Member, jsliao understands the process and administration of Joomla system as well as all JoomlArt templates, which puts him in a position to share his knowledge and experience. And one of true valuables to any community; jsliao always has something positive to say and loves to help others whenever he can.

And now it is time to enjoy a short interview with jsliao

1. Hi jsliao, can you tell us a little about you? How did you get your nickname? Where do you live and do you like your place?

Hi everyone, my name is Aves Liao, I’m a software engineer living in Singapore. My nickname came from the initials of my Chinese name thus JS and of course Liao is my surname. I initially wanted the nick of Aves (my usual nickname for most other forums) but it was already taken. As mentioned, I live in Singapore. Its a really small country and I enjoy living here as our country is a very safe stable place. However, the cost of living in Singapore is rather high.

2. How did you meet Joomla and JoomlArt?

I found out about Joomla quite some time ago while researching on various CMS. Upon deciding to use Joomla, I started to explore more on the extensions and templates thus found out about Joomlart Templates.

3. Have you used other CMS? Why you choose Joomla? What do you like best in Joomla?

I have never really used other CMS but just experiment with them. I found Joomla to be the easiest to use and best suits my needs. Also, the wide range of free and commercial extensions and templates was also a big draw.

4. There are a lot of Joomla template providers out there, why is JoomlArt your decision?

Yes, there are indeed a lot of template providers around but I find that Joomlart templates were more practical and suitable for my needs. Some other template clubs produce very nice templates too but I think that it may be hard to put them into actual use without a major revamp to the flashy color schemes and images.

5. And what template do you think it’s best in JA portfolio up to now?

It would be hard to choose a ‘best’ one but a few of my favorites include Zeolite, Labra and Sanidine.

6. If you were the Leader of JA team, what is the first you thing you want to change in the templates, extensions?

I would like to have a standard and complete documentation/guide made for all templates and extensions.

7. What kind of the design you wanna to see in the coming time?

To be frank, I can’t think of any right now. There are already so many templates available and I have yet to explore each of them completely.

8. Tea, coffee while you are at keyboard? Do you smoke? πŸ˜›

I’m not a fan of hot drinks. I’d just usually have a bottle of plain water with me when I’m at my computer. A beer or two on weekends nights sometimes. I’m just the sucker, the cigarette smokes.

9. What is your current employment status (what do you do)

I’m a software engineer in a small local firm specializing in smart card operating systems and applications. I do freelance web development to keep my bank account healthy. :laugh:

10. What would you name as the achievement you are most proud of in your life to date?

My biggest achievement till date would be being able to support myself through my university studies without the financial help of my parents.

11. And finally, I know you are still single. Are you on date? Do you mind telling something about her?

πŸ˜‰ Sadly for all the ladies out there, I’m actually married! :-* I got married in Nov 2008. My wife is actually a web programmer specializing in asp.net development.

Thank you very much for your time.

With the new “Title & Badge”, jsliao will certainly to help other members quicker and more effectively with his knowledge. And I’m sure it won’t just stop there! I believe he will show us more surprise by sharing interesting Joomla tutorials and experiences in the coming time.

Regards,
    Hung Dinh

wooohanetworks Friend

Welcome Aves, now you got that badge you need, so people know you are actually a moderator of Joomlart.com!:D

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

Hey Jsliao,

Congrats and well deserved, now that you are moderator, hope you wont kick us around :p ha ha.

You been helpful to the forum and certainly the forum will gain from you contribution.
    <blockquote>
    I’m just the sucker, the cigarette smokes.</blockquote>

Well can’t agree more.

regards and best of luck

arvind.

swemmel Friend

Hi Aves,

Congratulations!! Wish you good luck in your new position here. πŸ˜‰

Kind Regards,
    Peter

santoshalom Friend

congrats jsliao

jsliao Friend

Thanks everyone! πŸ™‚

sfpkent Friend

Congratulations! πŸ™‚

we2solutions Friend

Congratulations!:D keep it up

anisjolly Friend

Hey jsliao

Congrats dude!!

You thoroughly deserve mod status!!

bennitos Friend

Good luck Jsliao,

More moderators are surely needed so i got high expectations of you! πŸ™‚

wooohanetworks Friend

<em>@bennitos 121988 wrote:</em><blockquote>
    More moderators are surely needed….</blockquote>

What about bennitos, let’s nominate bennitos as follow-up moderator, surely you will have to want it and have the time for it, but why not, I think you would do good as a moderator, one especially for the european members!:cool:

ShannonN Friend

bennitos;121988Good luck Jsliao,

More moderators are surely needed so i got high expectations of you! πŸ™‚

Congratulations! I hope you’ll be online far more than previous and existing moderators that are sadly noticeable by absence more than presence and able to control the huge OT posts that some tend to flood the threads with πŸ˜‰
    Shannon

mfcphil Friend

Congratulations!….and good luck!!

Michael Casha Friend

Welcome to the JoomlArt forums! Feel free to send me a PM with any questions you may have!

theprofessor Friend

As a newbie…take it easy on me! :p

Congrats πŸ˜€

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

This topic contains 18 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by  questbg 15 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum