Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Hello,

I have a problem with latest news module in sidebar. Display articles from first category but don’t display articles from subcategory.

example:

article in sitename/category1 -> will be display
    article in sitename/category1/subcategory1 -> will not display

How can I solve?

Thank you very much

timtecsa Friend

Have you included the sub category in the Latest News module ? See screen grab below.

Tim

1. latestnewsmod
    imported_lorenzoadorni Friend

I have to include all subcategory manually?

There is no way to include subcategory automatically by including category?

Thank’s

timtecsa Friend

I don’t see any way to include sub categories automatically in module so I guess you’ll need to add them manually. I know I have done so on similar Teline V template news sites.

Tim

imported_lorenzoadorni Friend

Tank you Tim,

My question start from the fact that "most read" module, with the inclusion of category can also display article from subcategory. Without including each subcategory. So, I have suppose that "latest post" could do something similar…

timtecsa Friend

If you have an install from quickstart which includes JA demo content you’ll see 4 different modules whose title starts with ‘Most …’ A search shows them as the screen grab below. Which module are you referring to ?

Update: I just looked at a Teline v site and see that the Most Read modules is using the module type: ‘Articles-Category’ which includes an option to include child categories (see screen grab). I guess you could use this module type for both Most Read and Latest Posts.

• This reply was modified 6 years ago by  timtecsa.
    • This reply was modified 6 years ago by  timtecsa.

1. 4mostread
    2. most-hits
    3. subcats
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  timtecsa 6 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum