Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 101 total)
  • Author

i am actually in the midst of learning and applying s.e.o tactics, and although it can be time consuming, I am so exited by the long term potential.

php_guy Friend

Great tutorial. Thank you for sharing

val immune system Friend

Thank you.
    This is very helpful information. Being in the early stages of getting my blog up and running, it’s really useful to get all the help you can and it helps give you other ideas for promoting you site.

porchpotty Friend

I’ve found Articlesbase to be a great site for getting rankings. Its easier as well to get setup I find than Ezinearticles. Squidoo is also excellent, but hubpages can be quite painful. Try Wetpaint and posterous.

talentandcasting Friend

Your anchor text is also important.

Meaning if you want to link to your website and have it rank highly for “used cars”

Then you make “used cars” your anchor text

So your url would be http:// whatever but the text link would read “used cars” and then when someone clicks the link they go to your url.

Google etc puts a lot of importance on what the links says when determining relevance.

It also helps to have your keyword in your domain name.

If you are still having a hard time ranking for keywords.. then start using long tail keywords

“used car dealership in modesto valley” will be easier to rank for than just “used cars”

healthyback Friend

<em>@tanya123 167056 wrote:</em><blockquote>Should we always use the same keyword phrase when we are linking? I’ve never been sure about that. Its hard to resist NOT doing it. Does it matter so much if the essential keywords ARE in a phrase, but the phrase is different to the exact phrase you want??</blockquote>

I would say yes. Using the keyword phrase that you are targeting on your web page so that the major search engines know what keyword they should be ranking your site for.

funnygames Friend

So does submitting articles really help your rankings?

biloxi0625 Friend

I use several article directories but I prefer Articlebase. I have several articles on their site that rank very well.

kennen3 Friend

Excellent posts. This is another way of creating links within but doing in a more intelligent manner. You can also enclose keywords with a strong tag to emphasize relevance.

smitty78 Friend

<em>@funnygames 168154 wrote:</em><blockquote>So does submitting articles really help your rankings?</blockquote>

Not just submitting articles but building quality backlinks to those articles will help your rankings in the long run. Otherwise, you just get that quick boost of traffic. I guess it depends on your individual site/blog as to what kind of traffic you want. I imagine most people want to sustain their rankings.

I like what was said earlier about deep linking. This will really boost your rankings and carries more weight with the Goog.

kewco Friend

I find that using Blogger really helps me to promote my website and services and it so easy to use and set up some hyperlinked longtail keywords as anchor text. I’ve looked at Word Press and it looks good – well polished, but too complex for me to use!!

I hope this helps.

Kevin.

jasond1 Friend

I would say based on what ive seen is to get use to a few platforms and see what suits you best or easiest then master it.I do find that wordpress for me can do everything i need but is too tchie for some people. You do want to get the biggest bang for your buck or in this case words.

So the original content on your money site or main website. 2 internal links to other pages on your site. 2 anchor text back links for rewritten or spun ( but readable) versions to post on related or other mini sites. Submit to article direcories ( all of them mainly the big ones like eZine,goarticles,articlebase) etc. You will get lots of traffic and backlinks for the long term benefits.

sheepfarmer Friend

I have just started to try to learn SEO. So many people make it sound so easy. I myself find it rather intimidating and a little difficult and have been a little reluctant about getting involved.
    I have tried a couple of SEO services and their can’t lose sales ads and they did not produce and that is why it is time for me to learn. There seems to be quite a few people posting here with some knowledge and I feel that I will get a lot out of it.

nothing2lose Friend

oh good,the 1st time i see this

penelopeb Friend

<em>@tanya123 167056 wrote:</em><blockquote>Should we always use the same keyword phrase when we are linking? I’ve never been sure about that. Its hard to resist NOT doing it. Does it matter so much if the essential keywords ARE in a phrase, but the phrase is different to the exact phrase you want??</blockquote>

This should be based on the outlook of the page. If you are the users, will those link make the page look messy? Will excessive links confuse the users? One link is enough for each page. The point of having internal links is for 2 reasons: 1. SEO 2. Better navigation for users.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 101 total)

This topic contains 101 replies, has 90 voices, and was last updated by  rosyanwood 8 years, 2 months ago.

The topic ‘Keyword Linking for SEO’ is closed to new replies.