Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Hi,

The close button for frontend editing in K2 does not work. See attached.

Rene

1. k2-frontend-editing-close-button-does-not-work
    cssyeah Moderator

Hi renejdm,

I’ll check this problem and respond to you asap.

Thanks.

halilibrahimkar Friend

it works good on my site.

Wall Crasher Developer

Hi Rene,

Can you give me the site login information via PM?
    I have checked on localhost but I can not reproduce the problem.

Regards

renejdm Friend

Hi Wall Crasher,

On my localhost the Close button works. It does not work on my server (cloudaccess.net). I am sending you super user details.

Rene

Wall Crasher Developer

Hi Rene,

Can you take a look again?
    I am able to edit, save and close on your site.
    There is one issue with K2 Group Edit on your site.
    Please login via ftp and rename the
    administratorcomponentscom_k2modelsuserGroup.xml
    to administratorcomponentscom_k2modelsusergroup.xml

If you still have problem, please let me know.
    What browser you are using? version?

Regards

1. saved
    renejdm Friend

Hi Wall Crasher,

Changing the filename (from userGroup.xml to usergroup.xml) fixed the problem.

Thanks.

Rene

rawling Friend

For K2 2.5.7 and j 2.5.14:
    Open file “components/com_k2/templates/default/itemform.php” or “templates/youtemplate/html/com_k2/templates/default/itemform.php” and seek near line 45 Close button and add events:

onclick="window.history.go(0); return false"

1) Seek near line 45:

<td id="toolbar-cancel" class="button">
    <a class="toolbar" href="#" > <span title="<?php echo JText::_('K2_CANCEL'); ?>" class="icon-32-cancel"></span> <?php echo JText::_('K2_CLOSE'); ?> </a>
    </td>

2) and replace with:

<td id="toolbar-cancel" class="button" onclick="window.history.go(0); return false;">
    <a class="toolbar" href="#" onclick="window.history.go(0); return false;"> <span title="<?php echo JText::_('K2_CANCEL'); ?>" class="icon-32-cancel"></span> <?php echo JText::_('K2_CLOSE'); ?> </a>
    </td>

gooberzzz Friend

This solution does not work on Chrome. It will just refresh on the same page that is iframed into the modal. I can get the close button to work on the “edit item” but not on “create article.” Both on the same page, so I don’t see how this is a java conflict..in one but not the other??

I have spend a good amount of time trying to troubleshoot this. I have been through at least 25 posts related to the same issue with no resolve. K2 will not address the issue as a bug and seems to just sweep the issue under the rug.

I would like to thank the Einstein who thought it would be ‘cooool’ to make these modal windows. Thank you.

<em>@rawling 389725 wrote:</em><blockquote>For K2 2.5.7 and j 2.5.14:
    Open file “components/com_k2/templates/default/itemform.php” or “templates/youtemplate/html/com_k2/templates/default/itemform.php” and seek near line 45 Close button and add events:

onclick="window.history.go(0); return false"

1) Seek near line 45:

<td id="toolbar-cancel" class="button">
    <a class="toolbar" href="#" > <span title="<?php echo JText::_('K2_CANCEL'); ?>" class="icon-32-cancel"></span> <?php echo JText::_('K2_CLOSE'); ?> </a>
    </td>

2) and replace with:

<td id="toolbar-cancel" class="button" onclick="window.history.go(0); return false;">
    <a class="toolbar" href="#" onclick="window.history.go(0); return false;"> <span title="<?php echo JText::_('K2_CANCEL'); ?>" class="icon-32-cancel"></span> <?php echo JText::_('K2_CLOSE'); ?> </a>
    </td>

</blockquote>

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  gooberzzz 9 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum