Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Hi there
    I am considering purchasing the K2 Filter component, but had some questions first.

In the demo, the "location" field is clickable. This appears to work differently from the K2 searchable labels extra field. Can you tell me:

1. Does this work on any page – for example, on a K2 item page, will this field be clickable?
    2. If you click on the field, does it just bring up K2 items where the extra field value matches? (Searchable labels are a keyword search, so bring up other results as well – for example where the value appears in the K2 item main text).
    3. Where are the values stored – in the K2 tables or in the K2 filter component tables?
    4. Does this feature work with any extra field, or just the K2 Filter Multi-Level fields?

Thanks in advance.

Saguaros Moderator

Greetings @elenas,

That ‘Location’ is an extrafield in K2 and you can create as normal.

1) Yes, it will still work in K2 item page

2) When you click on the field, it will show list of items which have same extra field which you click

3) It will be in K2

4) Yes, it works with K2 Filter Multi-Level fields.

Let us know if you have any further question.

Regards

elenas Friend

Thanks so much for your help. I was looking at the documents for K2 Filter, and could not find how to set up something like this. Is the clickable extra field a feature of K2 Filter, and where would I find documentation for it?

Appreciate your help!

Saguaros Moderator

Hi,

We provide the detailed documentation for this extension here: https://www.joomlart.com/documentation/joomla-component/ja-k2-filter

If you have any further question in configuration for this extension, feel free to let us know.

Regards

elenas Friend

Hi, Thank you. Yes, I had seen the documentation, but did not see anything about that field type, which is why I asked. Did I miss it?

Saguaros Moderator

No, the documentation doesn’t have that part, I will pass to the team for further updating. If you have any question, just let us know.

elenas Friend

I’d like to buy this component but don’t want to spend weeks trying to figure out this part of it (which is really the part I need because I have a different K2 filter that works fine for anything else). Is there any guidance on how to get started? There seems to be an awful lot of stuff in the component to wade through, so I am sure this feature is not obvious.

Saguaros Moderator

Hi,

Basically, as its name, JA K2 Filter will help you to show K2 items with filter of K2 fields so if you’re familiar with K2, it’s pretty easy to use this component. We provide the documentation for this component here, don’t hesitate to let us know if you need any further helps.

FYI: we’ve recently provided another cool component for filter called JA Megafilter which supports multiple search and filter for most popular Joomla extensions, of course, including K2 component

Regards

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 7 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum