Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

Does anyone know how to change a joomshopping category page layout to appear just as a list without all the images? So for example this page http://www.myjakartaconcierge.com/index.php?option=com_jshopping&controller=category&task=view&category_id=10&manufacturer_id=&label_id=&vendor_id=&page=&Itemid=592&lang=en would just be a list.

I am happy to edit the css as I want the same feature on all my category pages; but not on the subcategory pages.

Jim

swissa Friend

Jim,

I not totally sure how you are setting up JS but you can have categories with no pictures in them but still have pictures in any sub category. Just delete the pictures for each category and leave them in for the sub categories.

EDIT:

Then in /components/com_jshopping/files/img_categories/ change the noimage.gif to a single pixel gif in white to match the background colour. No coding or css worries.

James Weston Friend

Swissa that is genius. I should have thought of that. Now it works great http://www.myjakartaconcierge.com/index.php?option=com_jshopping&controller=category&task=view&category_id=10&manufacturer_id=&label_id=&vendor_id=&page=&Itemid=595&lang=en although I need to work out a way to make the subcatergories in the list start flush on the left.

Of course everytime I resolve one issue I get another. Now when I click on steak restaurants i get this view

For some reason is bringing up the slide show and the side news from the home page. My settings have both modules set only for the home page but as you can see they are appearing on every restaurant sub category page. I sent a ticket but they told me it could not be happening 🙁

Jim

1. Picture-1
    swissa Friend

Hi Jim,

That’s also easy to solve.

In Template manager, pick the Tiris template. Click on “Layouts”. Clone the default layout and call it slideshow. Now click on Edit.

Delete this line

<block name="slideshow" main-inner="2">slideshow,sidenews</block>

Save and then save at the top of the page.

Click on “Profiles”. Click new. Call it slideshow.

Scroll down to layout options and make sure that Desktop Layout is chosen as slideshow. Assign this profile on the left hand side to all pages except home. This will mean that home picks up the profile with a slideshow block in it and the other pages will not. It doesn’t exist for that profile.

Save, clear JAT3 cache and check it.

The slideshow and sidenews should not appear on the other pages.

swissa Friend

For the text alignment go to template.css (obviously take a copy first just in case)

and change @ line 1081 to

table.category td, table.contentpane td, table.tablelist td {

• border-bottom: 1px solid #e6e6e6;
    • padding: 5px 0px;

}

😉

If you don’t want the lines to show in between the categories use this one.

table.category td, table.contentpane td, table.tablelist td {

• padding: 5px 0px;

}

James Weston Friend

Thanks Swissa, I followed what you said but it is still appearing. Could I have clicked something wrong on the profile setting? I deleted and started again but it was the same result.

Jim

swissa Friend

<em>@origomedia 299055 wrote:</em><blockquote>Thanks Swissa, I followed what you said but it is still appearing. Could I have clicked something wrong on the profile setting? I deleted and started again but it was the same result.

Jim</blockquote>

Check your cache. Clear your browser because on this page http://www.myjakartaconcierge.com/index.php?option=com_jshopping&controller=category&task=view&category_id=45&Itemid=595&lang=en I only see the Four Seasons Steak House. No sidenews.

1. Untitled
    James Weston Friend

Thanks. HAd cleared all the cache but must have taken some time for changes to come through. All good now as no sidenews showing.

swissa Friend

Good news Jim. I posted the css changes you need to align the code upthread but please don’t go asking for a 4th column. :p That will mean changing php files within JS. 😀

James Weston Friend

ah ok. I changed it as well and removed the line 🙂

Jim

James Weston Friend

Swissa,

While we are on a huge role here I guess could i ask for one more direction. On these pages http://www.myjakartaconcierge.com/index.php?option=com_jshopping&controller=category&task=view&category_id=45&Itemid=595&lang=en where can I go to the dotted line above The Steak House – Four Seasons Hotel Jakarta and move the first display higher up the page nearer the main title. As you can see there is quite a gap between the line under the title and the line above the restaurant name.

Jim

swissa Friend

<em>@origomedia 299072 wrote:</em><blockquote>Swissa,

While we are on a huge role here I guess could i ask for one more direction. On these pages http://www.myjakartaconcierge.com/index.php?option=com_jshopping&controller=category&task=view&category_id=45&Itemid=595&lang=en where can I go to the dotted line above The Steak House – Four Seasons Hotel Jakarta and move the first display higher up the page nearer the main title. As you can see there is quite a gap between the line under the title and the line above the restaurant name.

Jim</blockquote>

:D:D

template css @ line 702 change the 40 to whatever you feel best i.e. 20px

.no-sm #ja-mainnav .main-inner2 {padding-bottom: 40px;
    }

If you want to change the thick line and the margin under it go to /components/com_jshopping/css/ja_tiris.css @ line 41

h1.jshop-titleheading, .jshop-pagetitle {
    background: url(../images/bg-h3.gif) 0 100% repeat-x;
    color: #373737;
    font-size: 250%;
    line-height: 100%;
    margin: 0 0 20px 0 !important;
    padding-bottom: 13px !important;
    }

Delete the background reference if you want to lose the thick line and change the margin from 20px to 10px or to what you feel looks best for you. You can also change the padding if you want.

James Weston Friend

Morning Swissa,

Thanks for all your help last night. Unbelievably, the problem with the sidenews has returned. i have done nothing with those settinsg we changed yesterday but this morning here it is again

I have emptied all the cache and also been on another computer in the office and it has still come back.

I have no idea why?

Jim

1. Picture-1
    James Weston Friend

Have just been back in and checked the settings and they have all reverted to what they were before. So that in desktop layout it says default not sidenews.

How could it change itself?
    Jim

James Weston Friend

And I just went and redid the changes and nothing happens.

🙁 Jim

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

This topic contains 18 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  James Weston 12 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum