Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Hello,

I just installed the Jomsocial, but it does not work as it should:

The Community page seems inactive, missing " Post Status"
    Js Registration does not work
    Js Hello me module does not work on Community page

It works only when Development mode is ON, so should I leave it ON or I should do something about it?
    Maybe I am missing something here… Help me to solve this issue… Web Url: http://www.europeanchicago.com Huge Thanks!

Saguaros Moderator

Hi

By default, this template doesn’t support style for Jomsocial extension (more info here: https://www.joomlart.com/joomla/templates/ja-moviemax ), when you install Jomsocial, it will work with default style from Jomsocial. Kindly check with default template first.

gedasbn25 Friend

Hey @saguaros

The styling has nothing to do here, the component of JomSocial does not work when Development mode is OFF. I just noticed that the website was offline, sorry about that 🙂 so I will turn the Development mode OFF so someone could inspect the problem.

Regards.

Saguaros Moderator

As I can see your site is running with Dev Mod = OFF and the Jomsocial page still showing fine, is it OK now?

gedasbn25 Friend

It shows the page but for example Hello Me (profile) module does not show, the tabs are inactive, on the homepage the slideshow of "movies" are messy, search does not work, "News" menu item does not show submenu, slideshow doesn’t appear, on mobile layout the offcanvas doesn’t work and so on… But I am turning dev mode ON, everything works with no issues…

gedasbn25 Friend

Someone?

Saguaros Moderator

In community page of your site, there are so many errors – JS conflict: http://prntscr.com/aepbg5

Try to disable any other 3rd party extensions first. Then when you turn OFF development mode, try to enable/ disable Optimise CSS/ JS option under template manager section.

gedasbn25 Friend

I left everything as it is just turned Optimize JS OFF and everything is working now. Any ideas what causes of all those JS conflicts? Can I ran the website with Optimize JS OFF? Or is there something else I should do about this problem?

Thanks @saguaros

Saguaros Moderator

I guess some JS files from a 3rd party extension on your site will not work when being compressed together with other JS files. You can disable this feature and try with one of extension for optimise JS in JED

gedasbn25 Friend

So I installed the JCH Optimize just because of reviews, so how I should know that it does its job as it should? And I am not sure about configuration, just set Automatic Settings to average…

Saguaros Moderator

Try to check out its documentation for further info.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 8 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum