Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Our website, with ja_purity_ii template, has been running and displaying fine through the evolution of Joomla versions until the 3.8.0 update. I updated from 3.6.5 (and have complete backups should I need to revert). Everything seems just fine, except the padding on non-Home pages. We use 2 columns and a LHS menu on all main pages. On the Home page, both col 1 and col 2 have a padding of 15 spaces (see attachment). On the other pages, both col 1 and col 2 have a padding of 0 spaces (see 2nd attachment). I also posted this issue on the Joomla main forum, but no response yet.

1. HomePage_15Padding
    2. NonHomePage_noPadding
    nc3man Friend

Also, if you look at the attachments on the home page, the contents of each column on the Home page are contained in a "contentpaneopen" class div and left and right padding for contentpaneopen is set to 15px. That is not true on the non-Home pages. It’s not clear how to get that class wrapper inserted.

nc3man Friend

I would also add that all extensions are up to date, including JA Extension Manager at 2.6.3 and JA T3 Framerwork at 2.7.4

• This reply was modified 6 years, 7 months ago by  nc3man.
    Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    Purirtii is an older template and compatible only with Joomla 3.6.5 at this time.
    Kindly do not try the update on live site and restore the backup off-site.

Regards

nc3man Friend

Thanks – I did revert files and database to joomla 3.6.5 and all is OK. fwiw, with 3.6.5, the <div class="contentpane clearfix"> now appears just below

(and column-2, also) for both class="blog-feature" (Home page) and class="blog" (other category blog pages).

I don’t like to get too far behind in joomla updates and it has been awhile since ja_purity_ii has been updated. Will it be update to use with 3.8.0? Do you advise migrating to ja_purity_iii template?

nc3man Friend

Thanks – I did revert files and database to joomla 3.6.5 and all is OK. fwiw, with 3.6.5, the div class="contentpane clearfix" now appears just below div class=item column-1 (and column-2, also) for both div class="blog-feature" (Home page) and div class="blog" (other category blog pages). With joomla 3.8.0 it only appears below "blog-feature".

I don’t like to get too far behind in joomla updates and it has been awhile since ja_purity_ii has been updated. Will it be update to use with 3.8.0? Do you advise migrating to ja_purity_iii template?

• This reply was modified 6 years, 7 months ago by  nc3man. Reason: formatting
    Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    As i checked in support lifecycle the Purity II code is frozen and no more update for this template here
    Regards

eric.hayes Friend

I discovered a "fix" for single column sites using this template. Change the “# Leading Articles” setting to a larger number, like 100, for menu items that you have set as type “Category Blog”. I haven’t tested it on two column sites.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  eric.hayes 6 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum