Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

http://www.tvsimply.com is where I have been trying a trial, “sandbox” installation of JA Wall before installing it on the site I purchased it for, which is http://www.forneyarts.org.

On a clean install of JA Wall + Demo Content, I cannot get the styles to function. Attempting to change the styles results in a 404 error page. All 8 styles (themes) appear to be installed. Everything has been updated. The JA Wall bundle I downloaded and installed was the latest version. (1.0.3)

I extracted everything to the root of the tvsimply domain on the server and installed from there and to there after a few attempts of installing from wherever the bundle put things and that not working. Every attempt gets the same results – changing styles results in 404 error screen.

Thanks for your help.
    Chris

somerwil Friend

Just installed ja_wall (quickstart) and gets also a 404 error after changing style.

The url changed in: sitename.com/index.php/blackb/ (and the site always try to load from that url)

Look here: http://goo.gl/Zqcm7 (this is the root, without index.php/blackb/ !!?)

Changing styles also doesn’t work in the backend.

Joomla 2.5.6
    PHP 5.2.17 (but it also don’t work local (MAMP) with 5.3.2.

Please help us 😉

Wall Crasher Developer

Hi,

We apologize. We have remove changing style via menu. There is some problems related to cache system.
    On demo, we have use some hack to (related to language manager) make it work, just for demo only.
    You can change the theme via Template Manager only.

If you still want the old style change, please add those code to templatesja_wallindex.php at line 32:

if(isset($_COOKIE["style"])){
    $color= $_COOKIE['style'];
    }

if(isset($_GET['style'])) {
    setcookie("style", $_GET['style'], time()+36000);
    $color= $_GET['style'];
    }

Since we have removed it, I would not recommend you to do so.

If you have any other question, please let me know.

Regards

Wall Crasher Developer

Hi,

I have a good news. 😀
    We have fixed issue about ‘Changing Styles’ function

Please download the quickstart package again and install it.
    @digartco I have fixed on your site. Please check again.

Regards

digartco Friend

Thank you very much!!! It’s working fine now.

somerwil Friend

Thanks!

But… this new quickstart package introduces a new problem :((

Trying to import the sample data leads to this error:

Er zijn enkele fouten ontstaan bij het invoeren in de database: Column count doesn’t match value count at row 537 SQL=INSERT INTO `nico_finder_links_termse` (`link_id`, `term_id`, `weight`) VALUES (1, 143, 0.56007), (1, 144, 1.91338), (1, 145, 2.14662), (1, 146, 0.86331), (1, 147, 0.95669), (1, 148, 0.28), (1, 149, 0.95669), (1, 150, 1.09669), (1, 151, 0.23331), (1, 152, 0.91), (1, 153, 0.98), (1, 154, 0.46669), (1, 155, 0.98), (1, 156, 1.02669), (1, 157, 0.32669), (1, 1 … and so on

Translation: Er zijn enkele fouten ontstaan bij het invoeren in de database: Some errors occurred while importing in the database (or something like this 😉

Wall Crasher Developer

Hi somerwil,

It seems your have solved your problem.
    Just reinstall a clean quickstart package. 😉

Regards

obliat Friend

I just did a fresh install of the newest quickstart (from Jun 28) and Styles are missing in the top menu. Still Wamp test so no live site. Is there any setting or I am missing something? Thanks ahead

Martin

Wall Crasher Developer

Hi obliat,

There is missing database information in the sample data. We will update soon.
    Please download the package again on Monday.
    We apologize for this inconvenience.

Regards

Wall Crasher Developer

Hi obliat,

We apologize.
    I have a news from our team that we will not support Styles menu anymore.

The style can be change via Template Manager only.
    @all who download the quickstart package that have Styles menu enabled: It still working but we will not support to do this hack anymore.

:((

Regards

callme Friend

Gee… i have been messing around with the styles for JAWALL for absolute hours to get this to work like your demo, and as your demo shows it works i have been pulling my hair out to get it to work for me, so many hours of work lost for nothing, hours spent trolling your forums and finally i find this thread that it does not work… maybe you can put a message on the demo stating that this hack is not supported so that it may save some poor sod like me from trying it on their own install, not impressed at the moment…

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  callme 7 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum