To translate the “IDEAS”, “WISH LIST”, “QUESTION”, “PROBLEMS” and “DISCUSSION” tabs, in your backend please go to Components -> JA Voice -> Settings -> Voice Types:
The rest of the strings aren’t that straightforward, I am afraid. I’ve found some of them coming to the front end from the database table, which obviously shouldn’t be the case. I have to refer this situation to our core developers so please bear with me.
1 user says Thank You to alexsmirnov for this useful post
Your JA Voice frontend file /language/fr-FR/fr-FR.com_javoice.ini is working now so you can now finish translating it into French per your requirements. Also, keep in mind that there are some English strings that you should translate under “Voice types” (as I suggested in my previous post) and “Status”:
You can also work on your language files under “Components” -> “Freestyle Joomla” -> “Translation Manager Lite” -> “Languages” -> “Site” (to translate your frontend language files) -> “Frenchfr-FR” -> “Edit” -> com <your_component>:
I must admit that the /language/fr-FR/fr-FR.com_javoice.ini file was not editable neither via “Components” -> “JA Voice” -> “Languages” nor directly via FTP until I saved it via “Freestyle Translation Manager Lite”.
So, although you are good to go as far as translating your JA Voice frontend language file is concerned, I have to consult our core developers to check if your /language/fr-FR/fr-FR.com_javoice.ini was not editable before due to me missing something or due to a bug. Please bear with me, – once I get an answer, I’ll get back to you right away.
To tidy things up for you, I did some small jobs around your system but feel free to revert back to defaults:
– I created new content “French” (fr-FR) under “Extensions” -> “Language Manager” -> “Content” -> “New”:
– I renamed your htaccess.txt to .htaccess and set “Global Configuration” -> “Site” -> “SEO Settings” -> “Use URL rewriting” to “Yes”, thus getting rid of /index.php/ in your frontend URLs. Feel free to revert back to displaying /index.php/ if you wish so.
– to got rid of your default frontend language code /fr/ in your frontend URLs, I disabled in the “Extensions” -> “Plugin Manager” the “System – Language Filter” plugin. Imho, http://www.alltheanime.fr/ looks much better than http://www.alltheanime.fr/fr/ but once again feel free to revert.