Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Hi

I’ve read your documentation but the texts displayed on my site on fronted are nowhere to be found on the two language files of JA VOICE ?

How is this possible ?

Where to modify those lines if they are not in these files ?

Thank you for the help.

alexsmirnov Friend

Hi alyks,

Please help us to help you: what is your web-site URL address?

Regards

Alex

alyks Friend
    alexsmirnov Friend

Hi there,

Could you please specify on what pages and what texts you would like to modify?

Regards,

Alex

alyks Friend

My website is set in French by default on Joomla Language Manager.

I duplicated the two JA Voice language files from en.GB to fr-FR in the right folders.

I translated to french.

But in those language files, i can’t find the lines i see there : http://www.alltheanime.fr/final/index.php/communaute like wish list, problems, Type a single word and get inspiration all around! etc…..

All my other components like K2 has switched to french but JA Voice hasn’t….

alexsmirnov Friend

Hi there,

Could you please PM me your Joomla Super User and your hosting panel credentials to have a look around?

Regards

Alex

alexsmirnov Friend

Hi there,

To translate the “IDEAS”, “WISH LIST”, “QUESTION”, “PROBLEMS” and “DISCUSSION” tabs, in your backend please go to Components -> JA Voice -> Settings -> Voice Types:

The rest of the strings aren’t that straightforward, I am afraid. I’ve found some of them coming to the front end from the database table, which obviously shouldn’t be the case. I have to refer this situation to our core developers so please bear with me.

Regards

Alex

1. voice_types
    alexsmirnov Friend

Hi there,

Your JA Voice frontend file /language/fr-FR/fr-FR.com_javoice.ini is working now so you can now finish translating it into French per your requirements. Also, keep in mind that there are some English strings that you should translate under “Voice types” (as I suggested in my previous post) and “Status”:

You can also work on your language files under “Components” -> “Freestyle Joomla” -> “Translation Manager Lite” -> “Languages” -> “Site” (to translate your frontend language files) -> “Frenchfr-FR” -> “Edit” -> com <your_component>:

I must admit that the /language/fr-FR/fr-FR.com_javoice.ini file was not editable neither via “Components” -> “JA Voice” -> “Languages” nor directly via FTP until I saved it via “Freestyle Translation Manager Lite”.

So, although you are good to go as far as translating your JA Voice frontend language file is concerned, I have to consult our core developers to check if your /language/fr-FR/fr-FR.com_javoice.ini was not editable before due to me missing something or due to a bug. Please bear with me, – once I get an answer, I’ll get back to you right away.

To tidy things up for you, I did some small jobs around your system but feel free to revert back to defaults:

– I created new content “French” (fr-FR) under “Extensions” -> “Language Manager” -> “Content” -> “New”:

– I renamed your htaccess.txt to .htaccess and set “Global Configuration” -> “Site” -> “SEO Settings” -> “Use URL rewriting” to “Yes”, thus getting rid of /index.php/ in your frontend URLs. Feel free to revert back to displaying /index.php/ if you wish so.

– to got rid of your default frontend language code /fr/ in your frontend URLs, I disabled in the “Extensions” -> “Plugin Manager” the “System – Language Filter” plugin. Imho, http://www.alltheanime.fr/ looks much better than http://www.alltheanime.fr/fr/ but once again feel free to revert.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Alex

1. ja-status_to_translate
    2. translation-manager-lite
    3. new-content_french_fr-FR
    alyks Friend

Thank you very much !!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  alyks 9 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum