Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

No longer on JA theme

ShannonN Friend

jamesac;12439This site was originally announced here using JA Regulus, the shortly after Regulus EX. The site later switched to another vendors template and has now returned to Joomlart to showcase JA Villadi.

The site is a fansite for the television show Smallville. To keep up with the theme, I have changed the color scheme around to more thematic Superman colors of Red, Blue and Yellow. This was achieved easily by taking the colored elements into photoshop and changing the hue/saturation values.

The template settings are for all tools off, Son of Suckerfish Dropdown Menu,

This site uses mambots such as JoGadgets for streaming Flash Video and other interactive features, a fully wrapped SMF Forum (using a third-party SMF template), JoomlaHacks SMF Bridge, Clexus PMS and Community builder bring the user management together nicely. Feed gator provides RSS news feeds, Docman for downloads, MOSETs tree for Links, JomComment for commenting system, SMO AJAX Shoutbox, and dozens of Wrapped pages to incorporate Photoshop CS2 created image galleries.

The frontpage images are not reflected using the module available. I had been doing that using an Action script in Photoshop prior and will likely continue to do so.

http://svfan.com/

Sounds impressive and there has been a lot of work go into it but to me the reflections on the images is overkill and made me leave the site, I’m sorry I just found it ruined a well laid out site the reflective text I can live with although it’s a tad old (like) 1999 to me

However I’m sure the 13 yr olds that like that wow factor will drool

Cheers ShannonN

desdevlover Friend

Oh, đẹp lắm, very nice! Good job!

ErikThorsen Friend

Yes, nicely done. I like this alot. I kind of agree with Shanny though. I am not too much of a fan of “reflecting” images. It works on “product shots” ( like the one with your new computer on ) However, regular images I don’t find it appropriate on. That is just my personal opinion. Love your “internet explorer is crap” message in the left column. Made me smile!

swemmel Friend

Hi,

I like your site too. But I agree with Erik and Shannon that the reflection on the pictures is a little overkill. For the rest a very good job!

Regards,

Peter.

wicky Friend

<em>@jamesac 12439 wrote:</em><blockquote>This site was originally announced here using JA Regulus, the shortly after Regulus EX. The site later switched to another vendors template and has now returned to Joomlart to showcase JA Villadi.
    </blockquote>

Yeah, i remembered your site from the other vendor.
    I like this one too (just as your previous one)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  wicky 17 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum