Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

I recently tried to update my core Joomla install from 3.1 to 3.2 using the admin panel. Once the file had been downloaded and presumably installed I was presented with a blank white screen and can no longer access my admin panel. The URL below is what it stuck on.

../administrator/index.php?option=com_joomlaupdate&task=update.finalise

Do any of you know of any bugs or plugins that might need to be turned off? PHP 5 is running OK and the front end still seems to work. The site is running on Windows IIS 7.

Update to problem 1 – after reading another forum post ‘blank’ it seem as though JA University is not compatible with Joomla 3.2. Can I revert some files back to 3.1 to get it working? Are there any work arounds? The irony is I planned on installing Akeeba Backup after the update! And only have a development copy in 3.1 : (

This forum should have a big sticky post saying DO NOT UPDATE TO 3.2

Update to problem 2 – I reverted the Joomla files back to 3.1 by overwriting the folders/files on the server. Luckily the datebase tables hadn’t been altered at this point and I only needed to fiddle with the user account password in phpmyadmin to get in. If you get the white screen updating to 3.2 you can see some of the backend by renaming the following file pluginssystemrememberremember.php edit your php.ini file to set display errors at maximum too. What a pain!

Joomlart – when will the T3 framework, and therefore the template, get updated for 3.2?

Saguaros Moderator

Hi there,

You’re right, JA University is not ready for Joomla 3.2. Our team is still under process to upgrade our templates to Joomla 3.2. Due to our large template collection, it takes us time to complete the upgrade. The first batch of 14 templates and 10 exts are rolled out as noticed here. JA University would be included in next batch.

Kindly wait and check update news

danielalhabsy Friend

I use JA university , and this template is very good, I want to upgrade my website to Joomla 3.2 and I am waiting for upgradding JA university that compatible with joomla 3.2..

Thank You..

Saguaros Moderator

I’m sorry for not leaving message here, we released new version of JA University last week and this template is ready for J!3.2 now, you can download it here: http://www.joomlart.com/forums/downloads.php?do=cat&id=20456

danielalhabsy Friend

Thank You, I already donwload and try it..

but How to change colour, slogan etc?, because i don’t see configuration like the template before..

Best regards

Saguaros Moderator

HI Daniel,

Could you tell me more details of how you wanna achieve here? some screenshots would be helpful here.

Regards

danielalhabsy Friend

oh, I am Sory, now i can found T3 Options Tab ini back end JA university , which is i can change slogan and colour template

thank You..

zaniar Friend

Hi, I’m a complete newbie, sorry if I make a too much simple question.
    I’ve already installed JA university and upgraded to Joomla 3.2, and I can’t edit style in the template manager (specifically i’ve tried to change colour on the T3 options>profiles tab). Then I’ve found this post and seems that the solution is to upgrade to this specific version you have upgraded for JA University.
    My question is: What is the procedure? I have to install everything or I have some archives to copy and keep others? I already had problems to install the template and I used your installing service. I wouldn’t like to pay again 😉
    Thank you very much!

Saguaros Moderator

HI zaniar,

Here are steps you can follow:
    – The most important thing is BACKUP your site first.
    – View the comparison between versions at JoomlArt Version Updates and replace the affected files, if you have not customized the affected files.
    – Use JA extension Manager (JAEM) Component for upgrade. Watch video for how to upgrade using JAEM. Make sure you have latest version of JAEM installed on your site.

Hope it helps you something and Happy New Year :-*

bestintlschool Friend

Hi,

I have been having problems (single article 404’s) with JA Uni on 3.1 and since the 3.2 compatible template was issued I decided to upgrade my site from 3.1 to 3.2 to see if it fixed the problems.

If you update to 3.2, make sure you have updated all the JA components to J32 filename versions. The theme and T3 framework in particular. Backup you site and export your database. Turn on maximum error reporting and php errors in php.ini on the server. Clear cache. It is so tempting to click that one update Joomla button! Don’t do it first!

Update Joomla to 3.2. From my experience it won’t ‘just work’. It will probably give you a php error relating to /remember.php. Rename this file remember_3-2.php and upload, via FTP, the old 3.1 version of the file. It will probably then give you a /joomla.php error. The 3.2 update didn’t update the database, which intuitively for the user, breaks the site. Use this link, as the normal /administrator link probably won’t work:

/administrator/index.php?option=com_installer&view=database

Access the backend and ‘fix’ the database using the small button top left on that page. You can then restore remember.php and joomla.php back to their new versions.

I hope this helps someone who is staring at a blank white screen of death and scratching their heads thinking it was only them.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  bestintlschool 10 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum