Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Here is a site that I did for an Arts Association. It was built about two years ago and I now maintain the content for the site.

It uses quite a few extensions. It is a bit older on Joomla 1.5 made with JAtube.

-Article Attachment
    -Ace Polls
    -Admin Tools
    -Akeeba Backup
    -RSFirewall!
    -RSForm!pro

Let me know what you think

http://www.nacaarts.com

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

Good one,

for once i could not recognize the JA Tube in action there. The demo of JA Tube is so different http://templates.joomlart.com/ja_tube/

funny thing that in the contact NACA the site has the list of name and for the Signup for Update has the contact us form.

Why not use newsletter extension for update processing for the users?

How is RSFirewall? works well?

Regards

Arvind

joliver Friend

Hey Arvind.

In this case they didn’t want to spend the money and opted to send through a personal email. I do agree that it would be better and have been trying to convince them get it set up.

RSfirewall! has worked well so far. I’ve been hacked on three different sites so far and I needed a solution. This notified my when someone is attempting to hack my site (it happens WAY more frequently then you would expect).. then I can black list them. I have also locked down my site from updates and added a second master password to my administration log in.

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

From my experience, having regular backup is the best approach to tackle the hacking attempts and keeping extensions updated to latest versions.

i usually scout the respective developer forums before updating the extension, that gives insight of any problem the new version may be having. If you use JCE editor, its best to update to latest version, one of my friends site got hacked coz of that.

Regards

Arvind

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Arvind Chauhan 11 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum