Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 73 total)
  • Author

so is there any update to this template? i have 1.0 installed and in the download system the latest seems 1.0 also, am i right?

bigrk Friend

Yes, you have the current template. There has only been the one release. We were talking about the JA News module that comes with the Teline template.

comclan Friend

Hello JA

I have installed the Ja Teline template via the version with sample content. Everything works like a charm and look like your demo site except the bottom part of the site.

There are 5 section images “Art, Edu, Health…” your images got borders and the text is centered under the image. On my install there are no borders and the text is not alligned the right way.

I have not touched anything or installed anything so it seems something is wrong with the sample data?

Any ideas what it is?

Thanks in advance

bigrk Friend

Post your url so we can take a look.

comclan Friend

<em>@bigrk 21639 wrote:</em><blockquote>Post your url so we can take a look.</blockquote>

I would if I could… it’s a local install so no url is possible im affraid 🙁

Oh well I just wondered if any one had seeen the same problem as it comes from the native install. I am sure i can figure out what the problem is, just wondered if there was a quick solution 🙂

bigrk Friend

I went and looked at the demo here on JA and when I first started with my site it looked more like you are describing it with no borders on the pictures and text not aligned in the center. If I remember right some of the text was actually starting just to the right of the pictures. I think then that would be normal. I knew I was replacing all the original images and getting the text to center is an easy step. So, I really wouldn’t worry about it. 🙂

Good Luck with your site!

comclan Friend

Yeah I reckon it’s an easy change I was just curious 🙂
    But youre right.. the text does start next to the image instead of below the image..

Oh well…

jrundle Friend

Hi

Have just installed Teline today and working with the content on the quick, which is great and have found it very simple to work with. This has been my first time to instal with ftp – usually just use fantastico.

I am also using a new hosting company in Australia- since my site is for Australians – sometimes that can be an issue.

When I did the install – I had a message with regard to no session save path – any ideas how to fix this or who I need to talk to?

Also on the pages where the bottom 5 picture hilight modules go – my footer stays under user 10 and does not go were it does on every other page.

Any ideas -thanks for your help

Janet

ShannonN Friend

jrundle;21703Hi

Have just installed Teline today and working with the content on the quick, which is great and have found it very simple to work with. This has been my first time to instal with ftp – usually just use fantastico.

I am also using a new hosting company in Australia- since my site is for Australians – sometimes that can be an issue.

When I did the install – I had a message with regard to no session save path – any ideas how to fix this or who I need to talk to?

Also on the pages where the bottom 5 picture hilight modules go – my footer stays under user 10 and does not go were it does on every other page.

Any ideas -thanks for your help

Janet

Hi Janet
    if the install worked and it displays ok I wouldn’t worry too much with the error message
    I’m in Australia and I wouldn’t touch Aussie Joomla hosts if ya paid me 🙂
    Overpriced offer little support and almost no bandwidth or disk space last time I looked
    most of my clients use site ground best I’ve seen

christinegodwin Friend

Is there a fix for why in my Headlines section of Ja News…it attached the titles of other headlines to the bottom like that? How can I get rid of it? Thank you!

pjcleary Friend

I am getting the same issue. In my headline box it lists the next article headline under the current headline and intro.

aftunion Friend

Hi to all,

This is my first time to post and use JA template.

Well, I tried to install the Teline template locally and I keep getting this

Unrecoverable error “PCLZIP_ERR_BAD_FORMAT (-10)”

I have no idea what’s going on and hopefully I get some enlightenment here. Thanks!

aftunion Friend

<em>@aftunion 23224 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi to all,

This is my first time to post and use JA template.

Well, I tried to install the Teline template locally and I keep getting this

Unrecoverable error “PCLZIP_ERR_BAD_FORMAT (-10)”

I have no idea what’s going on and hopefully I get some enlightenment here. Thanks!</blockquote>

Problem solved, thanks!:)

cgc0202 Friend

Hello,

What are causing the errors below?

I get it everytime when I try to create “a New” menu item.

Thanks.

Cornelio

Note:
    I added the “Error and Number” notations. because I decided to take at the issue myself, since there are so many unanswered questions by members, who are as clueless as I am, without any guide, or a good Q&A. I understand that the JA Teline was released a few months ago, and I am puzzle why these errors are still here. And, why there are no well-written instructions on how to use the features (apart from the ones already shown in the User Guide.

Error 1:
    Warning: menuitem(/home/treasure/public_html/administrator/components/com_menus/component_item_link/component_item_link.menu.html.php) [function.menuitem]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/treasure/public_html/includes/joomla.php on line 5195

Warning: menuitem() [function.include]: Failed opening ‘/home/treasure/public_html/administrator/components/com_menus/component_item_link/component_item_link.menu.html.php’ for inclusion (include_path=’.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php’) in /home/treasure/public_html/includes/joomla.php on line 5195

Error 2:
    Warning: menuitem(/home/treasure/public_html/administrator/components/com_menus/contact_category_table/contact_category_table.class.php) [function.menuitem]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/treasure/public_html/includes/joomla.php on line 5194

Warning: menuitem() [function.include]: Failed opening ‘/home/treasure/public_html/administrator/components/com_menus/contact_category_table/contact_category_table.class.php’ for inclusion (include_path=’.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php’) in /home/treasure/public_html/includes/joomla.php on line 5194

Error 3:

Warning: menuitem(/home/treasure/public_html/administrator/components/com_menus/contact_category_table/contact_category_table.menu.html.php) [function.menuitem]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/treasure/public_html/includes/joomla.php on line 5195

Warning: menuitem() [function.include]: Failed opening ‘/home/treasure/public_html/administrator/components/com_menus/contact_category_table/contact_category_table.menu.html.php’ for inclusion (include_path=’.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php’) in /home/treasure/public_html/includes/joomla.php on line 5195

Error 4:

Warning: menuitem(/home/treasure/public_html/administrator/components/com_menus/content_archive_category/content_archive_category.class.php) [function.menuitem]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/treasure/public_html/includes/joomla.php on line 5194

Warning: menuitem() [function.include]: Failed opening ‘/home/treasure/public_html/administrator/components/com_menus/content_archive_category/content_archive_category.class.php’ for inclusion (include_path=’.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php’) in /home/treasure/public_html/includes/joomla.php on line 5194

Error 5:

Warning: menuitem(/home/treasure/public_html/administrator/components/com_menus/content_archive_category/content_archive_category.menu.html.php) [function.menuitem]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/treasure/public_html/includes/joomla.php on line 5195

Warning: menuitem() [function.include]: Failed opening ‘/home/treasure/public_html/administrator/components/com_menus/content_archive_category/content_archive_category.menu.html.php’ for inclusion (include_path=’.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php’) in /home/treasure/public_html/includes/joomla.php on line 5195

Error 6:

Warning: menuitem(/home/treasure/public_html/administrator/components/com_menus/content_archive_section/content_archive_section.class.php) [function.menuitem]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/treasure/public_html/includes/joomla.php on line 5194

Warning: menuitem() [function.include]: Failed opening ‘/home/treasure/public_html/administrator/components/com_menus/content_archive_section/content_archive_section.class.php’ for inclusion (include_path=’.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php’) in /home/treasure/public_html/includes/joomla.php on line 5194

Error 7:

Warning: menuitem(/home/treasure/public_html/administrator/components/com_menus/content_archive_section/content_archive_section.menu.html.php) [function.menuitem]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/treasure/public_html/includes/joomla.php on line 5195

Warning: menuitem() [function.include]: Failed opening ‘/home/treasure/public_html/administrator/components/com_menus/content_archive_section/content_archive_section.menu.html.php’ for inclusion (include_path=’.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php’) in /home/treasure/public_html/includes/joomla.php on line 5195

Error 8:

Warning: menuitem(/home/treasure/public_html/administrator/components/com_menus/content_blog_category/content_blog_category.menu.html.php) [function.menuitem]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/treasure/public_html/includes/joomla.php on line 5195

Warning: menuitem() [function.include]: Failed opening ‘/home/treasure/public_html/administrator/components/com_menus/content_blog_category/content_blog_category.menu.html.php’ for inclusion (include_path=’.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php’) in /home/treasure/public_html/includes/joomla.php on line 5195

Error 9:

Warning: menuitem(/home/treasure/public_html/administrator/components/com_menus/content_blog_section/content_blog_section.menu.html.php) [function.menuitem]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/treasure/public_html/includes/joomla.php on line 5195

Warning: menuitem() [function.include]: Failed opening ‘/home/treasure/public_html/administrator/components/com_menus/content_blog_section/content_blog_section.menu.html.php’ for inclusion (include_path=’.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php’) in /home/treasure/public_html/includes/joomla.php on line 5195

Error 10:

Warning: menuitem(/home/treasure/public_html/administrator/components/com_menus/newsfeed_category_table/newsfeed_category_table.class.php) [function.menuitem]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/treasure/public_html/includes/joomla.php on line 5194

Warning: menuitem() [function.include]: Failed opening ‘/home/treasure/public_html/administrator/components/com_menus/newsfeed_category_table/newsfeed_category_table.class.php’ for inclusion (include_path=’.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php’) in /home/treasure/public_html/includes/joomla.php on line 5194

Error 11:

Warning: menuitem(/home/treasure/public_html/administrator/components/com_menus/newsfeed_category_table/newsfeed_category_table.menu.html.php) [function.menuitem]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/treasure/public_html/includes/joomla.php on line 5195

Warning: menuitem() [function.include]: Failed opening ‘/home/treasure/public_html/administrator/components/com_menus/newsfeed_category_table/newsfeed_category_table.menu.html.php’ for inclusion (include_path=’.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php’) in /home/treasure/public_html/includes/joomla.php on line 5195

Error 12:
    Warning: menuitem(/home/treasure/public_html/administrator/components/com_menus/weblink_category_table/weblink_category_table.class.php) [function.menuitem]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/treasure/public_html/includes/joomla.php on line 5194

Warning: menuitem() [function.include]: Failed opening ‘/home/treasure/public_html/administrator/components/com_menus/weblink_category_table/weblink_category_table.class.php’ for inclusion (include_path=’.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php’) in /home/treasure/public_html/includes/joomla.php on line 5194

Error 13:
    Warning: menuitem(/home/treasure/public_html/administrator/components/com_menus/weblink_category_table/weblink_category_table.menu.html.php) [function.menuitem]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/treasure/public_html/includes/joomla.php on line 5195

Warning: menuitem() [function.include]: Failed opening ‘/home/treasure/public_html/administrator/components/com_menus/weblink_category_table/weblink_category_table.menu.html.php’ for inclusion (include_path=’.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php’) in /home/treasure/public_html/includes/joomla.php on line 5195

cgc0202 Friend

Notes:
    I added the “Error and Number” notations. because I decided to take a crack at the issue myself, since there are so many unanswered questions by members, who may be as clueless as I am, without any guide, or a good Q&A.

I posted my my attempts to solve the problem in a separate thread

http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/errors-associated-with-creating-new-menu/

because it might help others who will encounter the same problem or similar problems. I hope also that those who will help newbies would provide more specific advice, as indicated in the aforementioned thread, because generic suggestions.

I understand that the JA Teline was released a few months ago (April 2007?). I am puzzled why these errors are still here. And, why there are no well-written instructions on how to use the features (apart from the ones already shown in the User Guide.

Let me repeat my suggestion in another thread. I would rather have fewer “new templates” to select from — provided that

1) each has been well-tested (including actual testing by staff whether the released product really works)
    2) each template comes with well-written instructions
    3) each release is truly an improvement over previous releases — not just another “we have to have another template” because the competition offers two a month.

Users, especially those who are new to the system, must not be made to struggle solving the problems on their own (because there is not much support from staff).

Cornelio

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 73 total)

This topic contains 73 replies, has 33 voices, and was last updated by  danlopez00 16 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum