Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

Hi @ncarter,

Could you please clarify the issue a bit more details? which social channel you can’t import the feeds?

ncarter Friend

I cannot import from any. It just stopped working all together. When i click on the plugin, all i get is a blank white screen. I have two websites; evybez.com which is my main website and proppapix.com which is the test domain. proppapix.com is a mere copy of evybez.com with same modules etc. Late last year the social feed plugin stopped importing everything (youtube videos, instagram photos, facebook posts) so i bought the newer version of the plugin and tested it on the test site (proppapix.com). Since i installed the plugin, i get a white page when i click on the social feed plugin link. The main site still has the old version of the plugin since i am not going to install the new version and end up with a white screen on my production site.
    I uninstalled and reinstalled the plugin on the test site but nothing worked. I continued to try to import on the main website but the old plugin no longer works.
    When i reference the plugin on the main website and try to verify the username from which im pulling youtube videos, i get "No longer available" and for facebook "Sorry, this page isn’t available"
    However the verification works for instagram yet nothing is being imported even when i run the cron job manually.
    Please help me as my main website has lost half of its functionality without the social plugin.

Thanks.

Saguaros Moderator
    This reply has been marked as private.
    ncarter Friend
    Saguaros Moderator

As I can see the log file on your site is not writable: http://nimb.ws/HVG9op . Please make sure that you have right permission for files/folders on your site. The recommended permission should be: file-644 and folder-755.

In case, you don’t have permission to change, you can ask your host for help to change this.

ncarter Friend

Hello Saguaros, how do I find the log file to set the permissions. Was looking but couldn’t find it.

Saguaros Moderator

You can check the permission for ‘logs’ folder under ROOT folder in your server.

ncarter Friend

Hello, I checked the folder and files and saw that the permissions were fine. Please see attached image.

1. fz
    Saguaros Moderator

You can see the same in Backend > Sites > System Information > Directory permission

I guess your account in host doesn’t have permission to change, you can ask your host provider to check for you.

ncarter Friend
    Saguaros Moderator

Could you share the login info (Admin & FTP account) of your production site so I will have a look?

ncarter Friend
    Saguaros Moderator

I can’t access backend settings of this plugin on your site, can you?

FYI: It’s highly recommended to update to latest version of Joomla which includes important updates for security.

ninjabob Friend

Not work8ng for me either, all work, except the instagram, when I click verify, it says that the ‘instagram.com/user/media/’ doesn’t exsist, I’ve updated to the newest version. Please help.
    Paul

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

This topic contains 15 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 6 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum