Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

I need to control the order of Featured Articles, belonging to different Categories, that have to be shown in a module of the JA Slideshow extension.

Although having setup in the general Articles configuration no to take into consideration the Categories order, the extension seems to be ordering first by category and secondly taking into consideration the general order defined for the Featured Articles.

So if I have, say, 3 featured articles in a given category that goes first in the categories ordering, and 2 featured articles in another given category that goes second in the categories ordering. But in the general Featured Articles ordering I order one of the three articles of the first category to go in position 1, and the two articles of the second category to go in position 2 and 3 of the JA Slideshow module; limiting to 3 articles the slideshow, I still get only the 3 articles of the first category instead of the articles I want to show.

Detailed explanation of my setup.

Extensions > Module manager > JA Slideshow configuration:

Source: From articles
    Display Featured Articles: Show only featured articles
    Categories Selection: many categories
    Show video: Yes
    Articles Sorted By: Ordering
    Ascending OR Descending: Asc
    Click Link Open In: Parent window
    Max Articles Display: 3

Content > Featured Articles:

I set the articles in the order I want (I click on the Ordering link and then type in the order numbers and hit the doubled arrowhead save button)

Content Menu > Featured Articles > Options > Shared Options

Category Order: No order
    Article Order: Ordering

This configuration doesn’t provide the expected result.

What am I doing wrong?

How should I setup Joomla/JA Slideshow/JA Magz?

saysay Friend

I need to control the order of Featured Articles, belonging to different Categories, that have to be shown in a module of the JA Slideshow extension.

Although having setup in the general Articles configuration no to take into consideration the Categories order, the extension seems to be ordering first by category and secondly taking into consideration the general order defined for the Featured Articles.

So if I have, say, 3 featured articles in a given category that goes first in the categories ordering, and 2 featured articles in another given category that goes second in the categories ordering. But in the general Featured Articles ordering I order one of the three articles of the first category to go in position 1, and the two articles of the second category to go in position 2 and 3 of the JA Slideshow module; limiting to 3 articles the slideshow, I still get only the 3 articles of the first category instead of the articles I want to show.

Detailed explanation of my setup.

Extensions > Module manager > JA Slideshow configuration:

Source: From articles
    Display Featured Articles: Show only featured articles
    Categories Selection: many categories
    Show video: Yes
    Articles Sorted By: Ordering
    Ascending OR Descending: Asc
    Click Link Open In: Parent window
    Max Articles Display: 3

I set the articles in the order I want (I click on the Ordering link and then type in the order numbers and hit the doubled arrowhead save button)

This configuration doesn’t provide the expected result.

What am I doing wrong?

How should I setup Joomla/JA Slideshow?

Ninja Lead Moderator

Because JA Slideshow module is configured to show Feature Articles: Display Featured Articles: Show only featured articles, you need to check feature articles from Content menu -> Feature Articles

It is better with a closer look and assist you, PM me URL of your site and admin login, I will check it further.

saysay Friend

Thanks for reply, Ninja.

As I discribed, I have already set the “Featured Articles” order as I want:

The site is being developed locally with WAMP, I cannot provide you with the access credentials. Would screenshots help in any way?

Ninja Lead Moderator

Yes, I will try to check that on your site, but you can pm me the credentials info of your site. I will help you to check it further.

saysay Friend

No needed anymore. You can close this issue. Thanks.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  saysay 8 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum