Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

So I just updated the simpli template to the current version. I did not realize that this template comes with a default custom.css file?? Is this true? I could have sworn I created my own custom.css file but apparently not.

All my custom styles (and lots of them) that I had in custom.css were just overwritten. The last time I backed up was a month ago (my bad) which I’ll be able to get back most of my customization’s but not all.

Since the beginning of time when I started using joomla, it was specified – create a custom.css file for all your custom styles so they are not overwritten with joomla or template updates – have I missed something somewhere??

I looked in some of the other templates I use and they do not come default with a custom.css file, why would this one????? Yes, I’m frustrated!

Do I now need to name custom.css something else like mycustom.css for use with this template???

Because of custom.css being overwritten, I will now have to spend a lot of time getting it back to the way I had it prior to this update and I was just sooo close to being finished!

Please someone enlighten me before I make the same mistake again.

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    The template has a custom.css file for add custom style. When you update the template the original code will get overridden by the latest update. I have taken this request and sent to concern department to look into this matter So such issues will not happen again.

Regards

krumz Friend

Thank you. I surely hope there is a fix for this. There is no excuse for my not backing up the work I had done but again, I did not think I had to worry about custom.css being overwritten. It is sad this has happened, I have hours and hours of work to do to get it back the way it was.

To the powers that be – please fix.

Thank you.

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    We have taken this request and update the template package,
    Now the custom.css file wil not included in the packge and any changes made by you in custom.css file will not be override.
    Sorry for the issue caused before.

Regards

krumz Friend

Thank you.

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

You are welcome!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Pankaj Sharma 6 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum