Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

I use Ja university for template and I use JA Side News Module, but ja side news not show in front page if article permission set to registered,

the second problem, featured articles also not show in front page, although i set No at “Hide Main Content Block” in template configuration.

Please help me what should i do because i need to show article only for registered user

Thanks You..

Best regards

Ninja Lead Moderator

Hi Daniel,

About the problem on JA Side News Module: I have raised this bug to development team here: http://pm.joomlart.com/browse/JAECMODSIDENEWSJIVI-76. They will check and fix it.

The second problem on featured articles: I have checked on your site and I see the problem is from mysql database from feature articles. Did you modify about feature article of com_content? This problem is from homepage of site, see the this problem on homepage:

Regards

1. feature_articles
    thefc_uk Friend

Hi

We too have a live site which cannot show ‘featured’ content assigned to an access level on the front page.

Has this issue been solved or is there a solution to it as we need ASAP 🙂

Cheers

Ninja Lead Moderator

@stuaforr: You can fix this problem from config of back-end site

+ Go to Admin site -> Content -> Article Manager -> Options -> Article Manager

+ Look at the screenshot

1. JA_SlideNews
    thefc_uk Friend

Hello Ninja Lead

Thanks for your suggestion 🙂

Yes it shows the links and when clicked heads over to the 404 error page. This means we need to put in a better 404 error to get the visitor to either login, join or go to a more customer centric redirection page.

It also means news intended for members of the site is shown to all in the headline and intro – also not great for my client.

Is there a reason why, based on a users access level, it either shows or does not show content like the rest of the site?

All the client wants is for a user, who is logged in, to see the additional content within the news area exclusively provided for them.

Seems like we will need to do a ‘fix’ for something which should just work based on ACL?

Thanks
    Stuart

Ninja Lead Moderator

Hi Stuart,

Yes, you can check out this tip about ACL for reference: http://docs.joomla.org/J2.5:Access_Control_List_Tutorial

It will help you to work on ALC in JOOMLA

Regards

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Ninja Lead 10 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum