Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author

The JA-news rotator does seem erratic. It was working well for me until I installed the JA header module, then it stopped for several hours whatever I tried.

However, I’ve just clicked on the Home menu button (rather than Refresh) and suddenly ja-news has restarted and my font size has changed…

The font size showed no change when I altered the setting earlier – and my default colour comes and goes with equal uncertainty… I like the template a lot if it only worked a little more reliably.

Does anyone know the answer to the font and default colour problems? and to the fact that you just can’t get padding round images?

Not sure I can be bothered to read through yet more pages of forum threads….

Nice templates – but it all feels a bit hit and miss.:confused:

Templecloud

serena Friend

I’ve got this same issue too ja-news works perfectly on my local JSAS but i’ve installed it in remote server and doesn’t rotate anymore. The problem is it won’t load the next news and displays the loading icon infinitely. can anyone help? the files permission is ok… thanks everybody

instantinlaw Friend

serena;27319I’ve got this same issue too ja-news works perfectly on my local JSAS but i’ve installed it in remote server and doesn’t rotate anymore. The problem is it won’t load the next news and displays the loading icon infinitely. can anyone help? the files permission is ok… thanks everybody

Have you checked your livesite url in configuration? If it does not have the www. try adding it, or if it has it, try removing it.

serena Friend

<em>@instantinlaw 27335 wrote:</em><blockquote>Have you checked your livesite url in configuration? If it does not have the www. try adding it, or if it has it, try removing it.</blockquote>

if you mean in the main joomla configuration.php file $mosConfig_live_site = ‘http://www.mywebsite.com’; …yes…www is there.. 🙁 🙁 and i really don’t understand why dooes it work in local and not in remote! 🙁

instantinlaw Friend

Yes I am talking about the site configuration. I seem to remember something about the livesite url causing ja-news to not rotate. Have you tried to remove the www?
    There have also been issues with running joomla and some components like ja-news from within a folder on the server. Also, you might want to search the threads for other solutions, as this has been talked about quite a bit.

serena Friend

i’ve searched a lot through previous posts jet i’ve havent’ been able to find out wich components are ou talking about..and where can i find it.. i hava to say i found out this thread searching but i’m using Ja-Larix template… maybe it’s not different..or it is..don’t know. but i need to find a solution! do you have ideas?

instantinlaw Friend

The only other suggestion I can offer is to roll back to a previous version of ja-news. I know that someone posted a link to an older version in one of the ja-news threads. I wish I could be of more help, but I am not a programmer.

serena Friend

<em>@instantinlaw 27358 wrote:</em><blockquote>The only other suggestion I can offer is to roll back to a previous version of ja-news. I know that someone posted a link to an older version in one of the ja-news threads. I wish I could be of more help, but I am not a programmer.</blockquote>
    i can’t find this link you’re talking about 🙁 it’s a great shame i can’t make this rotation work! 🙁

igan19 Friend

<em>@Khanh Le 16230 wrote:</em><blockquote>For security reason, some servers require the permission 755 for folders and 644 for files to make it running. Please make a try to CHMOD folder ja_news to 755 and its files to 644.</blockquote>
    How to CHMOD folder ja_news to 755 and its files to 644.???.. help me please…

r7diego Friend

if you have a ftp software you can do it easy, or in the file manager from the cpanel, or a third option is to instal the component “joomla explorer”

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)

This topic contains 25 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  r7diego 16 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum