Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 64 total)
  • Author

It is for a long time after the buggy 1.1.2 released, the new version 1.2 is released with a lot of bug fix and new features. This module is also moved to a new folder named “Extensions for JA Templates” where stores all JA extensions used in JA templates. Please download and upgrade to this version if you find the new features are useful for your site.

New features:
    1. Handle built in CSS file: If this module is used with templates supporting JA News like JA Teline, JA Xenia you don’t need to use the CSS file included in the module.
    – Add Module CSS
    – Add CSS to Header

2. Show/Hide Readmore button on headline news.

3. Enable/Disable Iconv for processing characters. Iconv is a PHP extension used to convert string from other charset to utf-8 and became a default part of PHP5. For some sites using special charset (like Windows-1254 or ISO-8859-2), you should enable this feature.

4. Support List Section or Category

5. Show/Hide Category (Section) title.

6. Get title link from menu: Automatically detect the Section/Category links in menu. It is very useful for you customizing the display of Section or Category.

7. Category (Section) link type: List or blog or archive

8. Show/Hide Readmore button for articles.

If you find any bugs or problems with this module, please report here.
    Best regards,
    Khanh Le

neatworksinc Friend

I’ve just installed the new module. I don’t think the “Category (Section) link type: List or blog or archive” is working. I have selected “Category/Section linktype” – Blog Section but I’m getting a list of the categories.

cyrber971 Friend

<em>@Khanh Le 21535 wrote:</em><blockquote>It is for a long time after the buggy 1.1.2 released, the new version 1.2 is released with a lot of bug fix and new features. This module is also moved to a new folder named “Extensions for JA Templates” where stores all JA extensions used in JA templates. Please download and upgrade to this version if you find the new features are useful for your site.

New features:
    1. Handle built in CSS file: If this module is used with templates supporting JA News like JA Teline, JA Xenia you don’t need to use the CSS file included in the module.
    – Add Module CSS
    – Add CSS to Header

2. Show/Hide Readmore button on headline news.

3. Enable/Disable Iconv for processing characters. Iconv is a PHP extension used to convert string from other charset to utf-8 and became a default part of PHP5. For some sites using special charset (like Windows-1254 or ISO-8859-2), you should enable this feature.

4. Support List Section or Category

5. Show/Hide Category (Section) title.

6. Get title link from menu: Automatically detect the Section/Category links in menu. It is very useful for you customizing the display of Section or Category.

7. Category (Section) link type: List or blog or archive

8. Show/Hide Readmore button for articles.

If you find any bugs or problems with this module, please report here.
    Best regards,
    Khanh Le</blockquote>
    I Have this error ” Use of undefined constant _VALID_MOS – assumed ‘_VALID_MOS’ inheadlineloader.php on line 10″
    What is it ?:confused:

Khanh Le Moderator

<blockquote>I’ve just installed the new module. I don’t think the “Category (Section) link type: List or blog or archive” is working. I have selected “Category/Section linktype” – Blog Section but I’m getting a list of the categories.</blockquote>
    Please make sure that the value of “Group by Category or Section” is Section if you want to use Blog Section type.
    <blockquote>
    I Have this error ” Use of undefined constant _VALID_MOS – assumed ‘_VALID_MOS’ inheadlineloader.php on line 10″</blockquote>
    Thank you, cyrber971. It is fixed.

neatworksinc Friend

I have the “Group by Category or Section” as Section. I also have 4 specific Section IDs I want to display and I have them comma separated. I’ve tried the “Get title link from menu” as Yes and also as No. I am still not getting the Blog Section.

borisn Friend

Headlines does not show number of news:confused:

1. headlines
    Khanh Le Moderator

To Neatworksinc: Can you provide me your live site url?

To BorisN: You should set the option “Add Module CSS” to No because Teline template does inlcude the CSS for JA News.

neatworksinc Friend

Sent url via PMS. Also found that the “Show Intro” option is not working either.

neatworksinc Friend

“Show Intro” option was not working because of MX Comment. The other issue still persists.

Rita Lewis Friend

I installed and configured ja-news 1.2 and set the Home menu item’s parameters as shown, but now only the heading for the Headline news shows on the front page and all the contents of the tabs, user5, and right and left columns is missing as well as all other contents of my front page. Here is a link to the page and its source code:
    http://www.pajanow.org/index.php?option=com_frontpage&Itemid=1

please help!

Web Designer & Social Media Marketer as Words To Web, Inc.
    ritalewis@wordstoweb.net | wordstoweb.net | 240-261-4988

Khanh Le Moderator

To ixchup:
    This is a bug when you choose “Show Category (Section) title” to “Hide”. I have fixed and updated the module. Please update the module to fix this problem.

Rita Lewis Friend

thank you. it worked.

Web Designer & Social Media Marketer as Words To Web, Inc.
    ritalewis@wordstoweb.net | wordstoweb.net | 240-261-4988

magicbag Friend

Hello

I post this one on a wrong forum

I installed ja-news on one really easy template I create, I setup the hight to 200px, if is the news are short , after the read more show me the next article. The problems was on the stable version too, another member toll me to install the beta version to see if is fixed but still the same. The problem is not on the module I think, because I install the module ( stable and beta ) on a JA template and is working great , my news is 250 px hight, I change to 350 and nothing is showing under the read more. Here is the code I copy and paste from the instalation guide

[php]
    <?php
    global $mainframe, $option;
    $m_menu = $mainframe->get( “menu” );
    $m_params = new mosParameters( $m_menu->params );
    $m_intro = $m_params->def( “intro”, 4 );
    $m_leading = $m_params->def( “leading”, 1 );
    if ( $option != “com_frontpage” || $m_intro || $m_leading) {
    ?>
    <?php mosMainBody(); ?>
    <?php } ?>
    <?php if ( mosCountModules(“ja-news”) ) { ?>
    <div id=”ja-newswrap”>
    <?php mosLoadModules ( “ja-news”, -2 ); ?>
    </div>
    <?php } ?>
    [/php]

You can see the problem with the rotation news here http://72.29.89.118/~afs3090/

thanks on advance.

eetu Friend

The new version shows the Ako Comments field in the headline intro of ja-news. It didn’t happen before. Any suggestions to remove it. See it in: http://www.freemagazine.fi

Mtaski Phiri Friend

Any solution to the news headline that comes after the READ MORE…? Please point to the right direction.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 64 total)

This topic contains 64 replies, has 31 voices, and was last updated by  eventive 16 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum