Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Good Morning,

I am trialling the JA MULTILINGUAL extension as a replacement to FALANG however I am haveing some issues getting it going for example.

I have the following questions

1. How can I set JA MULTILINGUAL to just translate certain items for example only menus or modules?
    2. If I run the tool to translate all I get the following error

Table ‘polar_live.bewko_virtuemart_categories_en_gb’ doesn’t exist SQL=CREATE TABLE bewko_virtuemart_categories_es_es LIKE bewko_virtuemart_categories_en_gb

I dont have virtualmart isntalled within my JA UBER template.

Please can you tell me why I get this error.

Regards

Saguaros Moderator

Hi

Unfortunately, JA Multilingual doesn’t have option to select certain menu items or module for translating, it will automatically translate all menu items / modules.

For the error with VM, may I know how you install this template? did you use VM before installing this template? Try to install VM and then uninstall it via Backend > Extensions > Manage

leonhart700 Friend

Hi Saguros,

Previously I was using falang. I think I will need to rethink the architecture of my site, if I am using the native translator engine of JOOMLA then this will add a lot of work for me.

One of the key components of falang was that I could manage the translations easy as I could see if the translation needed to be amended easily.

With the multilingual component supplied by JA Multilingual I think I may have issues as I cannot track if the original module has been amended as they will be seperate entities.

Regards

Saguaros Moderator

I agree that JA Multilingual doesn’t have option to translate each specific item. I will pass to the team for further development on this.

But with JA Multilingual, you can still build up your multilingual site. Just use it for translating elements on your site. If there is any article/menu item/ module need to be edited, you can manually edit them later.

In case, you find difficulty in configuration your site, just let us know so we can help.

leonhart700 Friend

Thanks Saguaros,

I will start today with the native translator and see how it goes. If there was a features request for JA MULTILINGUAL that would make it an even better tool I think hat it would have to be

1. To allow users to select what needs to be translated
    2. To be able to link contents, modules, menus etc together so that if the original is ammended then an icon shows that the translation may not be valid.

Also I have noticed that in the module language tab since I ran the JA MULTILINGUAL component I now get a weird language pack displayed in Language namely (RSForm!Pro Spanish language pack)

Regards

Saguaros Moderator

I will pass to the team for further consideration on these features, thanks for your feedback!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 8 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum