Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hello

I have two questions around this and probably it is a Joomla issue more than JA Lime, however, I need confirmation.

I am creating articles for JA Lime but I have not assigned them into a menu item.

Issue number 1: How do I get the link of the article that I just created?

Issue number 2: When I some how manually found the link and have loaded this article on the browser, the article displays a in the format of the home page layout with other modules around it, and NOT as a ‘blog’ layout, which is simply a one coloumn article.

I do realise that if I assign it to the menu item and hide the menu item from displaying, it will help to display in the blog layout. Please let me know if there is a work around so the Article pages that I create are automatically assigned as ‘blog’ layout, instead of assigning itself into the home page layout. :((

Sherlock Friend

Hi usmanj,

As my experience in the joomla world, I would like to answer two your doubts as following
    Issue number 1: How do I get the link of the article that I just created?
    You just create a new menu item whose type is single article and refer to that new article, now you can see the link of that new article in the field of link on the menu item setting
    Issue number 2 Please let me know if there is a work around so the Article pages that I create are automatically assigned as ‘blog’ layout, instead of assigning itself into the home page layout
    The article is assigned to home page layout because there are not another menu item that refer to it, you just need to create a menu item that point to that article and if don’t want any modules around that article you just do not assign any module to display for that new menu item.

I hope you get the ideal !

usmanj Friend

<em>@Dat Hoang 302545 wrote:</em><blockquote>
    Issue number 2 Please let me know if there is a work around so the Article pages that I create are automatically assigned as ‘blog’ layout, instead of assigning itself into the home page layout
    The article is assigned to home page layout because there are not another menu item that refer to it, you just need to create a menu item that point to that article and if don’t want any modules around that article you just do not assign any module to display for that new menu item.
    </blockquote>

Dear Dat Hoang,

Thank you for your reply.

So far the only way to assign an article to a layout is by assigning it to a menu item!!

Please anyone know another way to get articles to have a blog layout when they are created????????

As far as URL links:
    I have tried to assign the Article to the menu item and there are two ways to get the URL Link of the article:

Method 01: Assign it to a menu item and put in the actual relative URL that aligns with the bread crumbs.
    e.g http://www.yoursite.com/published-documents/article

Method 02: Copy it from the field link within the menu item setting for the article.

I have a few issues with this method:

a) The administrative burden is huge, as I will need to always create an artice, then create a sub-menu item within my menu for each article and that for the purpose of only referencing it as a web link!!!

b) I do not want to show the published article in the menu as I will have 100s of articles, so how can you hide them? I went into the settings> assigned it to a parent menu item> and then selected the option for Parameters (JA Extended) Show Title as NO ……… but then, there is still a bug, the item is hidden in the sub menu but there still is a drop down on the main menu which behaves/looks awkward.

Sherlock Friend

Hi usmanj,

You can create a menu item that refer to your article or even refer to the category which the article belong to, I hope you got the ideal

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Sherlock 12 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum