Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 47 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • Salsabil Friend
    #229107

    Hello,

    sorry this is very bad. i have read the other topics and the questions are mostly without a response. it is better to put for all templates a quickstart-edition in the downloadarea. You all knows that you can get all the templates “free” in undergroundsites (but without support), where is the different to to this?

    schase Friend
    #229109

    <em>@Salsabil 27117 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hello,

    sorry this is very bad. i have read the other topics and the questions are mostly without a response. it is better to put for all templates a quickstart-edition in the downloadarea. You all knows that you can get all the templates “free” in undergroundsites (but without support), where is the different to to this?</blockquote>

    I honesty do not think that quickstart downloads are necessary for most templates. Some of the ecommerce ones perhaps, but this one only has two extensions to install apart from the actual template, so it’s pretty much a waste of time to create a quickstart template.

    Salsabil Friend
    #229133

    <em>@schase 27119 wrote:</em><blockquote>I honesty do not think that quickstart downloads are necessary for most templates. Some of the ecommerce ones perhaps, but this one only has two extensions to install apart from the actual template, so it’s pretty much a waste of time to create a quickstart template.</blockquote>

    Yes you are right, for JA Koniga it is not so necessary but for example JA Villadi etc. I wrote in the topic that i started, that i wanna know how their get it work that the contents appear on varies pages. Sorry for my post before, but i was a little bit angry (not only because JoomlArt, i love their works).

    stoofid_mike Friend
    #229153

    <em>@schase 27119 wrote:</em><blockquote>I honesty do not think that quickstart downloads are necessary for most templates. Some of the ecommerce ones perhaps, but this one only has two extensions to install apart from the actual template, so it’s pretty much a waste of time to create a quickstart template.</blockquote>

    imho, joomlart should add a quickstart on every template they made so that it will minimize going to their demo site and instead end-users/developers should go directly to their own test server with quickstart already installed. like for example in ja-koniga and other simple template it is still necessary because not all user have the same user experience when using templates. how can they imagine the moo menu, split menu, suckerfish, transmenu and dropline menu works not unless they’ll go through the demo site. other advantage is that they can see the backend declaration of those modules and will minimize the posting of query for that module. this is already being practice by other sites selling templates. it might be an additional work to joomlart but it will be an extra mile for this kind of service to end-users/developers and i think that end-users/developers will be very happy if they add quickstart on their templates.

    orpheus2510 Friend
    #229200

    I still can’t see the pictures in the readme (tested with IE7, FF2, Opera 9) – but I need them for configuration of the slideshow. Or can anyone give me the parameters and conditions for running it correctly?

    ikki_83 Friend
    #229322

    i can’t switch style…

    orpheus2510 Friend
    #229328

    configuration of user tool in index.php is correct?

    bluecafe Friend
    #229331

    I can’t switch the default style in the index.php either. If I change default width to ‘wide’ in index.php nothing changes. I have seen it in this site from the showcase that it must be possible to switch the style to wide somehow … however I did not succeed via the style settings in the index.php. Any help would be appreciated.

    orpheus2510 Friend
    #229389

    The change of width in index.php is without function in Koniga. If you have a look at the images of the template, you will not see any e.g. header image for both wdths, but only for one. The wide width on the site you named is a manually modification in php code directly.

    bluecafe Friend
    #229395

    Hi orpheus, thanks for your reply. I wondered about the header images too and I think you are right and the style configuration option “narrow” / “wide” in the index.php is just the remaining part of a standard template that was used for creating this template .. it is confusing though especially if you stumble across a website that has a ‘wide layout’. 🙂 In the 1.5 Version it is even part of the tool-panel (without function though).

    orpheus2510 Friend
    #229487

    Will there be a readme in the tutorial section? I need it because I still can’t see the images in the readme here …

    Jagger Friend
    #229647

    <em>@Salsabil 26953 wrote:</em><blockquote>hello stuffid_mike

    I started a topic with that Question, but no Response until yet. Really sad :((

    A “yes” or “no” would be sufficient…</blockquote>

    Something new???? A quickstart will be very helpfull. JA Newsflash does not rotate on my site. Maybe it will with the quickstart. :confused:

    yonie Friend
    #229716

    Yeah, provide us the quick start .. not a generic one. I don’t understand why this is taking so long. Cmon guys!

    orpheus2510 Friend
    #229760

    <em>@jagger 27829 wrote:</em><blockquote>Something new???? A quickstart will be very helpfull. JA Newsflash does not rotate on my site. Maybe it will with the quickstart. :confused:</blockquote>

    Download the new version – there the bug is fixed. It’s working now on my sites.

    dgfotografias Friend
    #230899

    Where is the user guide for this template and it´s modules configuration??
    I think it is very important to attatch a user guide with every template, we spend hours to “imagine” what to do :((

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 47 total)

This topic contains 47 replies, has 26 voices, and was last updated by  natali523 16 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum