Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author

Hello,
    Sorry, it should be ok now

Mo0nlight Moderator

Hi,

I had found out that the Minitek Content Utilities – Favorite K2 Articles has code to check and show in K2 component only. Something like this :

if ($application->isSite() && $option == 'com_k2') 

And this

if ($context == 'com_k2.itemlist')

So when you use another component, the plugin will not show.

If you want to use this plugin in JA K2 Filter component, you need an integration here, you should hire a developer to custom this plugin for you.

EG Friend

Hello, that’s strange : on the forum I read the lasr answer is yours but when I open the topic the last answer is mine. Do I miss something ?

EG Friend

This is strange : your answer is finally displayed where as yesterday it wasn’t. Not the first time I got the problem with joomlart forum.

Ok so it explains why it works with an other k2 search engine (which is just a plugin+module and no component).

Is it a big work to modify this point ?
    By the way is it a paid custom joomlart can do ? And in which file and where is this limit ?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Mo0nlight Moderator
    This reply has been marked as private.
    EG Friend

Hi,

Thanks for your answer.

1) I contacted the developper who just asked me what’s the name of the component and the view.
    The name of the component is : com_jak2filter and the view is itemlist.
    Am I right ?

2) The plugin has been modified to work with JA K2 Filter. It works. I have only an error message displayed when I made a search without defining any criteria in the search module :
    Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/vqsite77/public_html/plugins/k2/mcufavorites/mcufavorites.php on line 153

How can I make search impossible when no search criteria are defined ?

Thanks,

Edgar

Mo0nlight Moderator

Hi,

1) Yes.

2) It’s just a warning and seems come from Minitek Content Utilities – Favorite K2 Articles not because of jak2filter. .You can turn off display error via Administrator Panel > Global Configuration > Server tab > Error reporting option.

EG Friend

Thanks for your answer.

I’ll do this. But you confirm we can’t make search impossible when user doesn’t define any criteria ?

Mo0nlight Moderator

Hi,

It’s possible to implement but you will need to hire a developer to get it done for you as it requires a bit heavy customization.

Regards

EG Friend

Ok, thanks for your answer 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)

This topic contains 24 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  EG 7 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum