Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

I installed facebook like it many months ago and all of a sudden it started throwing up errors last week. I can’t fiigure out why. I upgraded the module to the latest update and the errors still appear.

The following are the errors that appear in the frontend:

Warning: Parameter 1 to plgContentPlg_Jafacebooklike::onAfterDisplayTitle() expected to be a reference, value given in /home/spxfitne/public_html/libraries/joomla/event/event.php on line 67

Warning: Parameter 1 to plgContentPlg_Jafacebooklike::onAfterDisplayTitle() expected to be a reference, value given in /home/spxfitne/public_html/libraries/joomla/event/event.php on line 67

I’ve disabled the plugin for now. I had errors appear last week for ninjaxplorer out of the blue too, but upgrading to the latest version got rid of all those errors.

since I installed JA Facebook like it I haven’t messed with the website, so no new extensions. Any ideas as to why this error appeared?
    Could it be linux server upgrades that would throw off joomla to do funny things? I don’t have a dedicated server. I just use shared hosting.

———————————————–

PHP Built on: Linux delta1.node-0.com 2.6.18-194.11.4.el5 #1 SMP Tue Sep 21 05:04:09 EDT 2010 x86_64
    Database Version: 5.0.92-community
    Database Collation: utf8_general_ci
    PHP Version: 5.3.6
    Web Server: Apache
    Web Server to PHP interface: cgi-fcgi
    Joomla! Version: Joomla! 1.5.20 Stable [ senu takaa ] 18-July-2010 18:00 GMT
    User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2.18) Gecko/20110614 Firefox/3.6.18

Val Kupstas Friend

Try to roll back to a earlier version of php, lower than 5.2 and i guess the errors will go away.

ron shafii Friend

Thanks for the quick reply, but I’m not using dedicated hosting as stated above. I have no access to linux to rollback, otherwise I would’ve done that to begin with.

Val Kupstas Friend

Do you have any settings in cpanel that allow you to change php version? Or change it by a htaccess file?

ron shafii Friend

I’m not changing PHP versions give me a break. If joomlart won’t update their software for newer versions of PHP that have been out for a year then I’ll just go elsewhere for software.

that is exactly what I did. I removed the software and installed a free plugin from another developer and it works fine without errors

Manos Moderator

Hi,

What version of plugin are you using ? JA updated a few weeks ago..latest version is 1.0.3

Please try to update all JA Modules/Plugins through JA Extensions Manager.

I hope that helps 😉

Regards

Manos

ron shafii Friend

Hi Pascm,

I did try the latest plugin. This issue has been resolved since I removed JA Facebook Like It and replaced it with another dev’s plugin. This could’ve been a combination of php upgrades and the way the plugin was posted inside the articles. For now I’m not looking into it, but thanks for your response. I’ll try and start using extension manager from now on.

Manos Moderator

Ok joomlagraphic!

I am using JAExtension manager for a while now, you can try with this excellent tool and you will be surprised on how efficient it is, even for the latest version of Joomla

Regards

Manos

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Manos 12 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum