Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

JA Edenite – Userguide

JA Edenite, the 2 march template is a clean, lightweight template geared towards your business site.

• For users who start your Joomla! site at the beginning, I recommend you using QuickStart package of JA Edenite, named as ja_edenite_quickstart.zip. For instruction how to use JoomlArt quickstart package, please check the QuickStart guide
    • For users who new to Joomla!, there are many useful documents available at http://joomla.org about Joomla! and how to use, please spend some time to check them out.
    • Here is some other guides that may useful for you:

• For users that already have a site with contents and other extensions installed, please follow my instruction below to understand how JA Edenite works:

I. TEMPLATE

1.1 Template Installation

After downloading JA Edenite package and extract it, you will find template package named: ja_edenite_template.zip

Proceed installation of JA Edenite as other normal Joomla! templates. If you don’t know how to do installation or set a template as default, please check the How to install Joomla! template guide.

After installing and setting JA Edenite as default template, your site should look like this:

To see positions located in site, in Navigation toolbar input string “?tp=1” at the end of site link

1.2 Template Configuration

To configure JA Edenite, On Admin panel, choose Extentions >> Template Manager, click on template name , you will see parameters of template.

In here, you can change all JA Edenite parameters as you wish.

Please hover your mouse to each parameter to see its explanation and details.

Please click here for JA Edenite module positions and its arrangement. Base on module positions, you can publish your modules on them to match JA Edenite style.

If you don’t know how to create module position in Joomla!, please follow this guide

II. EXTENSION INSTALLATION

When extracting JA Edenite package, you will see the folder named Extensions. All extensions needed for Edenite template in here, there is one modules package

You check How to install Joomla! module guide

JA Slideshow module(mod_jaslideshow.zip)

[position: topsl]

JA Slideshow module allows to show your photos with the beautiful animation effects.

Moreover, for users looking to customize slideshow, this module gives you the flexibility of editing the javascript object settings, setting global options through the options page.

On demo, it looks like:

Please go to Modules Manager and click on module name (mod_slideshow)to go to configuration page.

Here is the setting of JA Slideshow on demo:

• Include Mootools library: If you are using this module on a template that not use mootools set this to Yes, if the template allready have mootools included set this to No.
    • Slide Width: Set the width of the image slide, originally this is 568px. IMPORTANT: If you have the template at Narrow width you need to adjust the width to suit the width of your screen.
    • Slide Height: Height of the image slide
    • Images Folder URL The path to where you store youre images.
    • Animation Type: You can pick different transition effects from this drop down

III. TYPOGRAPHY

JA Edenite came with a rich typography to give users more ability to customize content look and feel. Please check all JA Edenite typography here at JA Edenite Typography

IV. FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTION

Q: Where can I change my footer?
    A: You can see the footer in the index.php file, start with: <!– BEGIN: FOOTER –>.

Q: What’s a module style? And module class suffix?
    A: This template have one module style suffix called _hilite, by adding this in the module suffix filed you get the blue background instead of the grey.

Q: I changed my default color/font/resolution but when I refresh the page, it didn’t change?
    A: JA template use client’s cookie to save your preferences. If you made change to default value, please close the browser, open a blank new window and then clear the browser’s cookie. You’ll see the new preferences applied.

Q: Some of my menu looks horrible. Why?
    A: Menus in JA templates are designed with the most semantic mark up are used over the net, it’s the list style. If you made change to the menu type, go to you menu module and change the menu type parameter to Flat List. It will solve the problem.

Q: I want to change some graphic contents
    A: PSD/PNG files and fonts can be found in the template’s source package. Please download the file at our download page in case you need to modify something.

Q: It’s just a template, why need so many steps to configure and install?
    A: No, it’s more than just a template. The package we provided included template and related modules, components and source files. The page you see in our demo site is the set of template + module + component. If you want to make your site look like the demo page, you need to follow our instructions above.
    If you feel the template can be hard to set up or you are new to Joomla, dont worry. We have made things easy for you.
    We have prepared this for you:
    – A fully working Joomla installation
    – Template + module installed and configured with demo content as seen on the demo.

ysbook12 Friend

Q: How do you select a different layout option. Meaning i want to show a left menu only on a sub page. Conent + left or Content + Right. I can’t seem to find this options. I looked under menu’s and modules.

carolwi Friend

<em>@ysbook12 150964 wrote:</em><blockquote>Q: How do you select a different layout option. Meaning i want to show a left menu only on a sub page. Conent + left or Content + Right. I can’t seem to find this options. I looked under menu’s and modules.</blockquote>
    I did not see an answer posted to this question. I am having problems with the layout and would like to see how to change the layout options.

Thanks!

Carol Wickenkamp

Anonymous Moderator

Hi ysbook12 ,

In order to fix this issue, you have to find all modules which are assigning in left position to edit.

In the preview page, you choose menus which you want to display this module in Menu Assignment block.

For example: ignore Home item in all left modules.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Hung Dinh 14 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum