Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

The content slider links to an article instead of the page. The problem is that I can’t control the modules that show up on the left side of the linked articles and I don’t want the content slider on the linked articles. Plus the view that the content slider links to is different from the page view. Most of the content slider links are to the same articles that are with corresponding pages reached by the main menu.

The biggest concern is how to get modules to show or not show in content slider linked articles.

cachecan Friend

Did you find an answer to this? I’m having the same issue

TomC Moderator
    Do you have a menu item for the category for which the particular article is assigned?

You must have a category, otherwise Joomla renders the article in/on the Home page.

cachecan Friend

Well, one of my links leads to a page that is displayed by JA Tabs. Could that be causing the problem?
    http://www.cachecanada.org/1/clone/jupgrade/events/2012congress

I’ve also opened a thread about this on the member forum in the extensions section (FYI)

TomC Moderator

<em>@cachecan 314023 wrote:</em><blockquote>Well, one of my links leads to a page that is displayed by JA Tabs. Could that be causing the problem?
    http://www.cachecanada.org/1/clone/jupgrade/events/2012congress
    </blockquote>
    In this particular case, is this not the result/effect you would want – i.e. the link directing the user to a page where the “events” info is?

cachecan Friend

I don’t want the article to load in the home page. That’s what is happening.

I want the page where the info is housed to open. Does that make sense?

Just in case it’s helpful – here’s the link to the other thread I started http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/content-slider-links-loading-article-on-home-page-instead-of-taking-user-to-page/
    There haven’t been any responses yet, but I included site details when I opened the thread.

juldet Friend

The content slider pulls the articles from a particular category. That is not the problem. The problem is the links on the article in the content slider go to the article on some random page. I want the link in the content slider to go to the article posted on a particular page. This random page gives me zero control over module placement. So when people click on the Read More in the content slider article they do not go a page, they go to the article even if that article is linked to a particular page.

I have this same article being used by a page in the top menu. I want users to see the exact same content and modules when the click on the top menu link as when they click on the content slider link.

Blaine Friend

I have replied on the other thread but here it is again:
    <blockquote>You have the category set us as News in the Slider and the slider actually returns a 404 error when clicked on.
    The top menu link is however is however linked to an external URL and not a category.
    So your menu link goes here:
    cachecanada.org/1/index.php?option=com_webresources&catid=24&Itemid=100084&lang=en
    Where as the Slider link goes here:
    cachecanada.org/1/clone/jupgrade/component/webresources/?catid=24&Itemid=100084&lang=en
    Notice they seem to be calling two different folders one the upgrade, the other the actual site.</blockquote>

Ninja Lead Moderator

<em>@juldet 313470 wrote:</em><blockquote>The content slider links to an article instead of the page. The problem is that I can’t control the modules that show up on the left side of the linked articles and I don’t want the content slider on the linked articles. Plus the view that the content slider links to is different from the page view. Most of the content slider links are to the same articles that are with corresponding pages reached by the main menu.

The biggest concern is how to get modules to show or not show in content slider linked articles.</blockquote>

I’m so sorry about that, this module can not support link to page:(

Thanks
    Tam

cachecan Friend

Thanks everyone for your responses!

So Tam, are you saying there is no way for the content slider to send the user to the article’s page rather than showing the featured article on the current page? That’s such a shame. Do you know if Joomlart has a plugin that could function in this way? My client would really like a featured news module that will bring users to different parts of the site.

Thanks

Blaine Friend

You could probably hire someone at Joomlancers or another similar site to do some custom work!

aziez Friend
    Stork11 Friend

<em>@cachecan 314377 wrote:</em><blockquote>Thanks everyone for your responses!

So Tam, are you saying there is no way for the content slider to send the user to the article’s page rather than showing the featured article on the current page? That’s such a shame. Do you know if Joomlart has a plugin that could function in this way? My client would really like a featured news module that will bring users to different parts of the site.

Thanks</blockquote>
    Hello cachecan,

As of now, we do not have any plug-in to get the above done. You can only link article to itself.

regards

Sherlock Friend

<em>@cachecan 314377 wrote:</em><blockquote>Thanks everyone for your responses!

Thanks</blockquote>

hi cachecan,

Just make some configs to get your articles open in pages other than the homepage, refer my post here for more details !

shazhi Friend

otherwise Joomla renders the article in/on the Home page.
    Replica Handbags For Sale

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

This topic contains 17 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  aziez 11 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum