Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Hello again,

I’ve ran into a new problem since we solved the old one listed here:

https://www.joomlart.com/forums/?post_type=topic&p=1073255

Now, because there is more than one template, when I check a box from a module in an attempt to get it to show up on another page which uses a copy of the template, it doesn’t show up. I have the banner module that shows on the home page and looks great but I checked a box to get it to show up when clicking another menu item and it never does. Even when I select show on all pages it never does but it only shows on the home page.

What am I missing?

Thanks!

Saguaros Moderator

Hi,

You need to make sure that in other pages, it also includes the position where you’re assigning the banner module to.

If there is still no go, kindly share the credentials of your site and tell me the module/pages you want to assign to. I will take a look.

Regards

strickt9 Friend
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Saguaros Moderator

Hi,

I just checked and saw that you’re using different layout for Home and ‘Who We Are’ menu item.

In ‘Home’ page, you use ‘ja_charity – Home (2)’ template style which is assigned with home-1 layout, in this layout, it includes ‘home-1’ module position where you’re assign ing slideshow module to: http://prntscr.com/i1joid

But in ‘Who We Are’ page, you set with ‘default’ template style which is assigned with ‘default’ layout, in this layout, it doesn’t have ‘home-1’ position. And that’s why the slideshow doesn’t show on this page.

There are 2 options:
    1) You can assign the same template style of ‘Home’ page to the ‘Who We Are’ page.
    2) Load the ‘home-1’ position into the ‘default’ layout. I tried to do this for you but the account you provided doesn’t have permissions to edit.

You can check out this documentation for more info about the layout: http://www.t3-framework.org/documentation/bs3-layout-system#layout-configuration

Regards

strickt9 Friend

I’ve been trying #1 no no avail. Honestly I’d be fine making it so just the home page template exist and getting rid of the rest for simplicity. Unfortunately last time I did that the articles and other menu items wouldn’t display, just the home page (see linked article in first post). Is there a way I can make just one template be assigned to all pages to simplify things?

Thanks again.

Saguaros Moderator

Hi,

So you can try with my #2 suggestion in which you can load the ‘home-1’ position into the default layout and you can assign slideshow to any pages you wish.

Share me the admin + FTP so I can help you on this.

Regards

strickt9 Friend
    Saguaros Moderator
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 6 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum