Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author

I have this problem too….

steinar Friend

<em>@octostudios 204708 wrote:</em><blockquote>I have this problem too….</blockquote>

So have I. But this has nothing to do with JA Bulletin or Joomlart at all; it seems to be due to a “limitation” in Unix time, which is widely used in computer systems and counts the seconds elapsed since 1 January 1970 at midnight.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unix_time

As I understand it, a date based on this system set earlier than 01.01.1970 would give a negative number. This is impossible, so instead it defaults to 30 November 1999.

Which does not explain, as in my case, a couple of articles written weeks apart in the Summer of 2010 seem to have been published 30.11.1999

You will find lots of discussions on this if you search for variants of the November 99 date over at the joomla.org web site. Here is one answer given two years ago to a complaint regarding the Beez template:

Sorry, you are correct.
    If an article is written new, the modified fate is set to ‘0000-00-00 00:00:00’.
    Beez checks this field if empty or not.
    Now, it is not empty, and the date parameter tries to format the date with ‘DATE_FORMAT_LC2’.

0000-00-00 00:00:00 will result in what you see.

If the check in the default.php will be corrected, it will not show this date anymore.
    Therefore, it is a bug – correct.

zorroh Friend

but, how to fix it now?

scotty Friend

A strange one indeed!

It seems JA_Bulletin checks the modified date then the created date and uses the created date. HOWEVER… if the article has never been modified then the modified date will be 0000-00-00 00:00:00. (ie. empty). This causes the Joomla/UNIX bug to kick in where it reads the date format wrong and inserts the default date of 30th November 1999.

To use the created date, regardless of whether the article has been modified or not open /modules/mod_jabulletin/help.php and find (line varies depending on which version of JA Bulletin you are using but should be aroune line 140-150)…

[PHP]$lists [$i]->date = strtotime ( $row->modified ) ? $row->created : $row->modified;[/PHP]and change to…

[PHP]$lists [$i]->date = strtotime ( $row->created ) ? $row->created : $row->modified;[/PHP]Yes, I’m no PHP guru so I’m sure the new line above does not actually make sense to those in the know but what the heck… it works :p

zorroh Friend

this is working for me, thanks! 🙂

kyriakos4 Friend

It is working for me too, great job!

pontikoua Friend

worked for me too… Thanx!

hidrocar Friend

Just to add some feedback on this issue.
    This happens when you synchronize articles between two databases.
    In my case i sync articles on the jos_content table of a teline II db with the jos_content table on a teline IV db.

salvomic Friend

I get the same issue.
    Is there definitely a solution?
    Unplublish/publish works but it isn’t a real solution…
    Please, help 🙂

salvo

salvomic Friend

<em>@salvomic 375266 wrote:</em><blockquote>I get the same issue.
    Is there definitely a solution?
    Unplublish/publish works but it isn’t a real solution…
    Please, help 🙂

salvo</blockquote>

ok, changing the line PHP works for me, but in Jabullettin 1.0.4 I’ve this original line (243)
    $lists [$i]->date = strtotime ( $row->modified ) ? $row->modified : $row->created ;

I wonder if there is a new version of JA Bullettin for Joomla 1.5.x with the fix, TIA!

phong nam Friend

Hi salvomic ,

Joomla 1.5 reaches the end of life and Joomla stops to support this version. Hence, I’m afraid that there is no new version of this module for Joomla 1.5.

If you have any problem, feel free to raise your question, we will try to help.

Leo

APOSTOLOS FOUKIS Friend

<em>@scotty 207839 wrote:</em><blockquote>A strange one indeed!

It seems JA_Bulletin checks the modified date then the created date and uses the created date. HOWEVER… if the article has never been modified then the modified date will be 0000-00-00 00:00:00. (ie. empty). This causes the Joomla/UNIX bug to kick in where it reads the date format wrong and inserts the default date of 30th November 1999.

To use the created date, regardless of whether the article has been modified or not open /modules/mod_jabulletin/help.php and find (line varies depending on which version of JA Bulletin you are using but should be aroune line 140-150)…

[PHP]$lists [$i]->date = strtotime ( $row->modified ) ? $row->created : $row->modified;[/PHP]and change to…

[PHP]$lists [$i]->date = strtotime ( $row->created ) ? $row->created : $row->modified;[/PHP]Yes, I’m no PHP guru so I’m sure the new line above does not actually make sense to those in the know but what the heck… it works :p</blockquote>

Hi,
    I try it to a new joomla site 2.5 & ja bulletin 2.5.9 but I can’t find /modules/mod_jabulletin/help.php

What can I do now?

1. Capture
Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)

This topic contains 27 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by  APOSTOLOS FOUKIS 9 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum