Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hi there, i have copied a new web site from an old one. They were exactly the same. Now they have different databases on different container. So they are no longer the same. Problem is: if now (after i separate databases and containers of course) i modify the second one, i found the same modification on the ja builder editor of the first one but only in the editor (the public site is still the same). So basically i have a new site as it should be. And an old site which is right on front end but that has some massive modifications that it shouldn’t have in the editor. I cleared the cache of the site and the browser. How the data moved from the new site to the old one? This is a problem because i can no longer modify the previous site without restore it all manually. How could this be? ty

edit: i restored an old backup, this backup is older than the new website, so the the new modifications are not in the database. could the modified data be on your servers? i noticed that the prefix of the tables is the same in the two websites (only the prefix, not the name of the database).
    Could this make possible modifications in the ja-builder editor across websites, via your servers ? Could your servers be the "link"? Otherwise i cannot imagine where this data could be stored

• This topic was modified 6 years, 6 months ago by  webdojo.
    • This topic was modified 6 years, 6 months ago by  webdojo.
    Saguaros Moderator

Hi,

With JA Builder, when you move from one site to another, pls try to use the Import / Export feature of JA Builder so that you can export one page and import it into an associated page in the new site.

Regards

webdojo Friend

hi thanks for the help, i got it but at the presente moment i have an entire website which i can no longer modify. so before i start to build up the entire site back again, is there any way to recover those old data. It’s pretty important, is this problem mentioned any where in the documentation of ja_builder?

for example, if i would copy an entire site where i used both uber and builder, i cannot just use import export.

ty

• This reply was modified 6 years, 6 months ago by  webdojo.
    Saguaros Moderator

There should be not issue with Uber template, how many pages you used JA Builder? You can share the credentials of your site: URL, super admin account so I will take a look.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 6 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum