Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

JA Antares – Userguide for Joomla! 1.0.x

• For users who start your Joomla! site at the beginning, I recommend you using QuickStart package of JA Antares, named as ja_antares_quickstart_v…_j1.0.x.zip. For instruction how to use JoomlArt quickstart package, please check the QuickStart guide
    • For users who new to Joomla!, there are many useful documents available at http://joomla.org about Joomla! and how to use, please spend some time to check them out.
    • Here is some other guides that may useful for you:

• For users that already have a site with contents and other extensions installed, please follow my instruction below to understand how JA Antares works:

I. TEMPLATE

1.1 Template Installation

After downloading JA Antares package and extract it, you will find template package named: ja_antares_template_v…_j1.0.x.zip

Proceed installation of JA Antares as other normal Joomla! templates. If you don’t know how to do installation or set a template as default, please check the How to install Joomla! template guide.

After installing and setting JA Antares as default template, your site should look like this:

To see position located in site, in Navigation toolbar input string “?tp=1” at the end of site link

1.2 Template Configuration

To configure JA Antares template, check How to configure Joomla! template guide!

You can change all JA Antares parameters as you wish.

1. Font size : Increase/Decrease font size (from 1 to 6).
    2. Template Width: type of template screen (Wide/Narrow/Auto screen)
    3. Menu Module: include Split/Suckerfish/Trans menu
    4. Color Variation: 3 color themes (Blue, Orange, Green)
    5. Display template tool: include No display/Screen type/Font size//Screen type and Font size/ Font size and Color css/All tools

JA Antares module positions are available here You just need to configure your modules to be loaded on those positions to match JA Antares style.

If you don’t know how to create module position in Joomla!, please follow this guide

II. EXTENSION INSTALLATION

When extracting JA Antares package, you will see the folder named Extension with all extensions built in the JA Antares, including JA Header module. That means when you install via template installer, you need to install JA Header modules separately, then configure their positions as instructed in Template configuration section.

You check How to install Joomla! module guidefor installation.

Extensions built in JA Antares comprise:
    Note: [xx] stands for module position

• [header] JA Header module

JA Header module(mod_jaheader.zip)
    [position: header]

On demo, it looks like:

In Admin panel, go to Modules>Site Modules and click on module name ( JA Header Module )to go to configuration page.

Here are the setting of JA Header on demo:

Parameters explanations:

1. Header type: Type of the header: JavaScript or Adobe Flash.
    2. Image type: Supported image types. Use “|” as a separator.
    3. Image folder: The folder that module will look for images. The default folder is templates/ja_antares/images/header. Note: Use forward slashes instead of backward slashes.
    4. Width: Width of the header, you can use percent or pixel as unit.
    5. Height: Height of the header, use pixel as unit.
    6. For JA Antares, use 200px as the height of the module

7. Timer: Time for the next image that will be appeared. Use second as unit.
    8. Order: Determine how image will be appeared: sequential or random.
    9. Fadetime: Speed of the transition. Use 1 as slowest speed.
    10. Looping: Repeat option in sequential mode.
    11. xpos and ypos: The offset of the image in its container. Use 0 as default.

III. TYPOGRAPHY

JA Antares came with a rich typography to give users more ability to customize content look and feel. Please check all JA Antares typography here at JA Antares Typography

IV. FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTION

Q: I want to add a template position in to my Joomla!
    A: Go to your Administration Panel, Site -> Template Manager -> Module Positions. Add your template positions and hit the Save button.

Q: Where can I change my footer?
    A: If you want to change or remove something in the footer, just open the “ja_antares/footer.php” then modify it to suite your needs.

Q: My images take a lot of white space and do not look good?
    A: The {mosimage} may show some extra padding and margin. To solve this problem, go to your Joomla! Administrator -> Mambots -> Site Mambots and change the margin and padding parameters of MOS Image mambot to 0.
    Q: Images without caption are stuck with text?
    A: It is because Joomla! generates the code different when {mosimage} has and doesn’t have its caption. So when you decide that the image will not having a caption, put it between the div tag like this <div class=”mosimage” style=”float: left;”>{mosimage}</div>

Q: What’s a module style? And module class suffix?
    A: Almost modules offer you a parameter called Module Class Suffix. Set a value for this parameter and you will have your module’s appearance differs from the others. JA templates often provide you some module styles which can be found in Module Styles area of the guide.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Hung Dinh 15 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum