Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

JA Altair – Userguide for Joomla! 1.5.x

Altair is a smart combination of joomla! template and joomla! menu system.

JA Altair has two menu system options using default menu and JA Transmenu , 9 header images with .PSD files so template tuning and customization will be easy.

• For users who start your Joomla! site at the beginning, I recommend you using QuickStart package of JA Altair, named as ja_altair_quickstart_j1.5.x.zip. For instruction how to use JoomlArt quickstart package, please check the QuickStart guide
    • For users who new to Joomla!, there are many useful documents available at http://joomla.org about Joomla! and how to use, please spend some time to check them out.
    • Here is some other guides that may useful for you:

• For users that already have a site with contents and other extensions installed, please follow my instruction below to understand how JA Altair works:

I. TEMPLATE

1.1 Template Installation

After downloading JA Altair package and extract it, you will find template package named: ja_altair_template_j1.5.x.zip

Proceed installation of JA Altair as other normal Joomla! templates. If you don’t know how to do installation or set a template as default, please check the How to install Joomla! template guide.

After installing and setting JA Altair as default template, your site should look like this:

To see positions located in site, in Navigation toolbar input string “?tp=1” at the end of site link

1.2 Template Configuration

To configure JA Altair, go to Site_path/templates/ja_altair. Open the configuration file name ja_vars.php

There are a list of variable in this file that you can customize:

You can change JA Altair parameters as you wish.

JA Altair support two types of menu: Go to template_site_path/ja_vars.php

• Using the Default Joomla! Menu System. $menu = “Default”;
    • Using the dynamic JA Transmenu Menu System. $menu = “Transmenu”;

1.3. Top & Bottom Menus

• Top Menu: use “-top” as module class suffix and “header” as module position for mainmenu. Menutype is “Flat list”
    • Bottom Menu: use “-bot” as module class suffix and “bottom” as module position for mainmenu. Menutype is “Flat list”

1.4. Other notices

• If you want to change or remove something in the footer, just open the “ja_altair/footer.php” then modify it to suite your needs.
    • PSD file for the header is in the “includes/psd” folder of the template package.
    • Font file for the header is in the “includes/fonts” folder of the template package.
    • The JA Altair template comes with 9 different backgrounds for your header. To change a header background, just following these simple steps:
      1. Step 1: Open the “css/template_css.css” with your CSS or text editor.
      2. Step 2: Find “head-bg-2.jpg”. About line 609.
      3. Step 3: Change the name of the header image (head-bg-2.jpg). Eg. head-bg-5.jpg

II. FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTION

Q: How can I create module position in Joomla! ?
    A: Please follow this guide to create module positions.

Q: How can I make a custom HTML module?

A: In Module Manager, Click on New button. Then select Custom HTML, and click Next. Fill your HTML code to Custom Output textarea and click Save. You will have a new Custom Module as you expected.

Q: Why I need to do many things to make template work? Why don’t you just provide template only?
    A: JoomlArt template is More than just a Template. When you download template package from JoomlArt, you will have all extensions included. The template simply will not be perfect without a hand of extensions. It will not only make your site more attractive but also provide users more features and ability to explore your site easier.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Hung Dinh 15 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum