Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

I just noticed I had another problem with Transmenu. It doesn’t seem to happen on the Demo page here, so I don’t know what the problem might be.

http://www.pichambertest.com/joomla/

Navigate to a page and look at the source. All of the content item links have the same ID. The Category Table links work fine, as do Component links… just not content items.

If you navigate to a Category Table, (such as Services > Financial) The ItemID will work fine for that link, and all content item links will now have the same ItemID as that Category Table link.

The standard Joomla menu doesn’t show this behavior.

Any help I could get with this would be greatly appreciated.

itguy Friend

Hello,

I tested your site using both Firefox and Internet Explorer. All the links work fine. Using View – Page Source from the browser shows that in fact all your submenu items do have different IDs. For instance the Financial submenu:

tmenu134.addItem("Banks", "http://www.pichambertest.com/joomla/content/view/57/1/", 0, 0);
    tmenu134.addItem("Insurance", "http://www.pichambertest.com/joomla/content/view/68/1/", 0, 0);
    tmenu134.addItem("Accountants", "http://www.pichambertest.com/joomla/content/view/56/1/", 0, 0);

The number listed in the url right after “view” is the ItemID (you are using SEO links so it looks different than the &ItemID= style url. But they do have unique IDs and the pages do open here ok.

What exactly happens when you click on one of the submenu items?

1. 274981_100002276519114_405779101_n
    ericbrissette Friend

I thought the ItemID was the second number. The second number (whatever it relates to) is the problem. In the bit of code that you posted, the number is “1” for each link. Is this supposed to be the ID of the menu item itself?

One of the easiest to see symptoms is that the highlighted items aren’t correct in transmenu (your current page should be highlighted light green by default) This isn’t really a huge problem, just an annoyance.

The big problem is that if you want to display certain modules on certain pages, it’s done by telling Joomla which menu items you want the modules to display on. This just plain doesn’t work if that last number in the URL is screwed up.

itguy Friend

Here is a link from a site for the same page. The first is with SEF and second is without:

hxxp://www.dev.mysite.com/content/blogcategory/1/48/

hxxp://www.dev.mysite.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=1&Itemid=48

In this example the first number is the ID then the next number is the ITEMID. The variables on your site urls are just in a diferent order. Yours come up with ITEMID then ID. ITEMID is what you feed to the query that pulls the info from the database.

1. Seyyone-Logo_blue_final
    ericbrissette Friend

Well anyhow, the problem remains.

That last number is the same on every single content item link in my menu. This is not the with the standard Joomla menu module. Joomla’s menu module works as I’d expect, and there are no problems with associating modules to certain menu items.

rodneykleeberg Friend

I think I am having the same issue you are if I understand correctly. When you click on any links in a menu that are Content Items, Transmenu does not show that link as being the active link once it goes to that page. On the site I am working on if you are on the Contact page it will highlight the Contact menu item to show it as the active page in Transmenu like it should. But then if you click on any menu item that is a Content Item it will still show the active page as the Contact page since it was the last non Content Item that was viewed. It does it on multiple browsers so that is not the issue.

itguy Friend

Sorry I missed the highlighting problem you mentioned in your previous post. Have you set the active highlight colors in your css file? I have ssen the active highlights fail in Firefox only if SEO/SEF urls are not enabled but I see you have them enabled. Active highlights failing to show in IE and Firefox would lead me to believe the values are not in the css.

Can you post your Transmenu horizontal css file?

EDIT: Ok, Sorry I see it now. When I posted on 5/2 my site was generating IDs of 1 for everything for the transmenu subitems just like yours. Even with the ID of 1 my site was working properly. It’s now generating the correct IDs for the submenu items. The only change since then is I have moved the site to the root of the domain for deployment and also enabled SEO/SEF URL’s. Can you check my last post in this thread and confirm that you have made the nessesary modifications to the .htaccess file in the root of the domain for SEO/SEF? http://id.joomlart.com/forums/topic/setting-the-main-level-active-for-a-submenu-item-possible/

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  itguy 17 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum