Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

From the main site, http://www.cyber-plaza.co.uk/18www/ I go to country and select ‘Denmark’

I am now using Denmark as a site and all related articles etc stays within Denmark (you can see from the menu structure). If you select Test News from the menu, you will see I am still within Denmark site

Now, when I click Test News (which is using component), you can see that I am still on Denmark site and all items based on my categories are showing which is correct in Year then month format

Now I select one of the Months and I see all articles for that month. Here you can see that I am still on the Denmark site. Also the breadcrumb works fine when I click ‘Back to Archives’

THIS IS WHERE THE PROBLEM STARTS:

With the articles showing for the selected month, you can see I am still on the Denmark site. I now go an select one article and that article page opens up.

BUT this takes me back to the Main International site Home page, leaving the Denmark area completely. Now a user has to go back and select Denmark from ‘Counties Menu’ , then select in this case ‘Test News’ to get back where they were.

This is a big problem for the users.

Is this a template issue or extension issue

Forgive me asking what may be a silly question but I am very new to Joomla 🙁

Thanks for any help or suggestions

Eddie

Ninja Lead Moderator

Hi,

In Joomla, if you want to view article individually, that article must be assigned to a menu item.

Please create a new menu item (or use an existing one) and assign article (or category that article belongs to) to this new menu item and also make sure that you don’t assign any module to this menu item.

Besides that, I have created All News menu item under Test News menu. Now, you can see it’s working fine when you click the detail on Archive.

Let me know if it helps

Regards

1. Screen-Shot-2016-02-08-at-05.34.23
    propolis Friend

Hello,

And thank you for the response.

I have made progress, but I think I am missing something. I will read and follow what has been done to understand what I have to do

Eddie

Ninja Lead Moderator

Yes, if you have any further assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact us.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Ninja Lead 8 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum