Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 49 total)
  • Author

I am confused in that thing that how google giving PR`S to websites. as i found some good websites with great traffic having less PR and some 3rd class very few traffic holding websites with good PR ? thats why i am confused how they calculating all this thing ? if anyone have answer plz help me in this. ( i am not complaining i need help on this thing)
    thanks.

scottty64 Friend

personally I don’t trust anything about google and how they calculate PR, there is just so much confusion around this and it can change very quickly. I have had pr6, 7 sites one day that went to pr2 and below the next day . I gave up trying to figure out google and how they do the things they do.

neptone Friend

The Google Page Rank is not something that you tells you what a good site is, or even that the information on the site is accurage. It has to do with a combination of the site, age, and a lot to do with the links from other websites that link to that site.

If you own the site then it is a great thing to have Page Rank since it helps you obtain more value for your site in Rankings, but I do not use it as a factor saying that a site I am looking at is good or bad.

Neptone

theblade70 Friend

<em>@acluett 168461 wrote:</em><blockquote>I am confused in that thing that how google giving PR`S to websites. as i found some good websites with great traffic having less PR and some 3rd class very few traffic holding websites with good PR ? thats why i am confused how they calculating all this thing ? if anyone have answer plz help me in this. ( i am not complaining i need help on this thing)
    thanks.</blockquote>
    Google will rate or index the site base on their algorhythm(spelling). Some sites have a lot of back links and inlinks that will help page rank. Some sites are older than others. In the end, Google ranking is a very hard thing to figure out and will always be debated.

cassidyru Friend

I am assuming it is very geniune due to the testing I ran. Nothing can be perfect, but it does rank on link exchange, content, and so forth. Other search engine has there likes and dislikes. You just gotta search it up.

cesarhorkey Friend

Actually, google PR is something that only google knows himself. That are kind of their special juice. It is uncertain if a site has a PR and has a high traffic as well. However, many parties out there give high respect if we have an high PR site. Many people also argue that the higher PR sites mean that you have the easier way for site Monetizing. CMIIW

cikonsb Friend

It’s hard to tell how does Google determine the PR of a particular website, but what is generally known fact is that PR is being checked and re-examined every three months. At least that’s what most of the people online would tell.

jacktampa813 Friend

The page rank that 3rd-party sites give is close to what Google thinks but according to a speaker I heard from Google, they do not allow exact page rank to be revealed. I usually use SEO Book to get a decent idea of how my pages rank.

didima Friend

well l never understand PR but mine was 3, however after using joomla gone upto 5 and looks alright because content is more important so dont worry just add much as you want but your own original articles that will help alot. Most of the visitors, internet user dont care about PR do you know they jaut want your nice clean site.

andreasylviasmith Friend

I heard from some that it does affect how fast google crawls your site too. Basically the higher your PR the more often they crawl your site leading to faster indexing 🙂

Anyway, if your pr is going it probably means you are doing the right stuff in SEO so keep on doing it. if it goes down………:p

dotnetguru Friend

I am not sure why people spend so much time worring about the PR of their site and or other sites. The PR we all see in the Google Toolbar is only updated every 3-6 months, and even then, I don’t think Google shows the real PR they consider that site to be in their system anyways.

I still say that Content is king to get any website up in the SERPS, and of course doing some good SEO work.

Hope this helps.

ankme23 Friend

<em>@acluett 168461 wrote:</em><blockquote>I am confused in that thing that how google giving PR`S to websites. as i found some good websites with great traffic having less PR and some 3rd class very few traffic holding websites with good PR ? thats why i am confused how they calculating all this thing ? if anyone have answer plz help me in this. ( i am not complaining i need help on this thing)
    thanks.</blockquote> pr is not related to seo traffic anymore but it is always good to have a good pr as than your site get trust, as noone can see your traffic but one can check your pr, so it is better to take it that way.

penelopeb Friend

High PR webpages do get indexed faster, but has nothing to do with search engine rankings anymore. Even with all the speculations, till today how G calculates PR remains a mystery. One thing for sure is that it is a lot harder to get high PR these days, compared to how it was like years ago.

joannabenz Friend

<em>@penelopeb 170818 wrote:</em><blockquote>High PR webpages do get indexed faster, but has nothing to do with search engine rankings anymore. .</blockquote>

Are you saying that higher PR does not help you rise in the search engines?

I’m confused here. I definitely thought they were connected. Please elaborate. Thanks.

penelopeb Friend

<em>@joannabenz 170819 wrote:</em><blockquote>Are you saying that higher PR does not help you rise in the search engines?

I’m confused here. I definitely thought they were connected. Please elaborate. Thanks.</blockquote>

If you have google toolbar installed, you’ll be able to see PR of websites when you click into them. Try googling anything and click into the top ten results. It is not a rare sight to see a site that has PR of 2 ranking better than one that has PR 4.

It used to be the case of whoever has higher PR gets higher search engine ranking position, but not anymore these days. 😉

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 49 total)

This topic contains 48 replies, has 44 voices, and was last updated by  nidhivyas 8 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum