Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author

They are barely dealing with their existing issues. I highly doubt that JA is testing their templates with IE8.

sbaldwin Friend

I personally did not see the problem when using IE6 Windows XP so not sure if I agree that is was a problimatic preexisting issue on IE6, at least with my setup. Only when I upgraded to IE7 did I notice the problem of over- overlapping text and graphics using 600×800 display setting. Further more ***IMPORTANT*** This problem is NOT a JA TEMPLATE issue but a Joomla! issue as I have seen this problem when visiting other website(s )such as Joomla.org.

Perhaps it could be Microsoft incorporating High- Def handling in IE for newer monitors?

If I can figure out a way to “insert” the screeenshot I would. When I use the URL method is not working on Quick Reply, sorry!

mj1256 Friend

browser compatibilty has alwasy been and always will be an issue. That is what I meant by pre-existing.

I don’t think that anyone can build into either the CMS (joomla,drupal,etc) or every template total universal compatibility, so there will always be a give and take which is why you will see even major websites having backwards compatibiltiy issues with older browsers.

When you build a site you should be testing in at the very least
    safari
    opera
    firefox
    IE- 5,5.5,6,7, and now 8 beta

When building a site you should also test in different OS’s
    windows 98
    win xp
    vista
    mac
    linux (ubuntu, fedora, red hat)

and here browsers. If you were doing this you would have already have known that this is just part of developing websites.

been doing this since 94, anyone remember the netscape/IE 4 issues. LOL.

went to take a look at a neighbors computer and he was using windows98 with IE4 and wanted me to make things work without upgrading. The motor vehicles department is still using windows 3.11 for networks. It will always be a give and take situation.

<blockquote>Perhaps it could be Microsoft incorporating High- Def handling in IE for newer monitors?</blockquote> not likely this issue

moveteam Friend

I’ll install IE8 in Fusion in a moment, I really don’t hope everything will be messed up.

moveteam Friend

<em>@mj1256 67735 wrote:</em><blockquote>
    went to take a look at a neighbors computer and he was using windows98 with IE4 and wanted me to make things work without upgrading. The motor vehicles department is still using windows 3.11 for networks. It will always be a give and take situation.
    </blockquote>
    OMG! I may have seen a few Win98 and Win2k machines in the past, but Windows 3.11, just WOW! 😀

moveteam Friend

Eeeww it looks like crap: http://peecee.dk/upload/view/123883

Menalto Friend

Looks like someone got some work to do in the weekend……

mfcphil Friend

If I remember correctly didn’t someone point us to a site that checks your template in all browsers.
    Is IE8 not on that list? and if it is why don’t JoomlArt do template checks on that?

bigrk Friend

<em>@mfcphil 67751 wrote:</em><blockquote>If I remember correctly didn’t someone point us to a site that checks your template in all browsers.
    Is IE8 not on that list? and if it is why don’t JoomlArt do template checks on that?</blockquote>

Why worry about it now? It is only in Beta 1.

joomla111 Friend

On JA-Rochea template, modules 1, 2, and 5 are not displaying in IE8 Beta.
    I tried putting in the meta tag without success.

mj1256 Friend

for the link for IE tester.

here it is
    http://www.my-debugbar.com/wiki/IETester/HomePage

as for IE8 compatibility, in my opinion its really too early in the development of IE8 for us to worry about it. Its just a beta release and they even have a disclaimer about the page renderring correctly. Check out how some of the major sites look in IE8, everyones going to have issues at this point.

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)

This topic contains 26 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  mj1256 15 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum