Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

One of my client tried to install the Quickstart package of JA Alumni v1.0.1 on XAMPP localhost server on his Windows8 PC. But he always got failed on the step of filling the database with "sample data": the progress bar will go ahead for about 30% then suddenly return back to previous step page, no error message, just go back.

This is very weird. Because when I test this quickstart package on my own PC with XAMPP, I got it installed without any problem.

He asked me to help him via "remote control" , I tried, failed too.

I had already read the post about other user on this forum reporting the SAME issue with JA Magz II template at:

https://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/problems-with-installation-ja-magz-ii-for-3x/

I had followed your instructions to set the "max_execution_time" and "database collation" of my client’s XAMPP server, but nothing improved. He still can NOT get it installed.

I think this is an issue that JA team should pay some attention to. Because it happens on more than one template and more than one web enviroment. Though I installed it successfully myself, this can not confirm that the installation package is 100% OK.

Could you please check the Quickstart installation package of those two templates to find out the REAL reason of this kind of issue?

Thank you.

Saguaros Moderator

Hi,

Please make sure that the local host of your client meets the system requirement for Joomla: https://docs.joomla.org/Technical_requirements

You can try to install in live server and see it works fine.

Regards

dave_3d Friend

I also tried to install a local copy of JA Alumi on xampp with the same problem. The installing of database and sample data runs partly, then returns to the installation screen.

I am using a new xampp with latest specs (xampp-win32-7.1.1-0-VC14 : PHP 7, etc. – Joomla compliant). I also increased my execution time.

I have never experienced this before on any other Joomla templates.

D.

dave_3d Friend

I now also tried with the win32-5.6.28-1-VC11 version of xampp with exactly the same bug.

The quick installation just returns to installation screen when installing database and sample data.

D.

Saguaros Moderator

I can’t replicate issue at my end with xampp. Could you try to install into a live server?

dave_3d Friend

Thanks for the reply,

I’ll try it again on one of my laptops – I was using my Desktop. Then I can always use Akeeba to take a backup.

I’ll let you know.

D.

Saguaros Moderator

Cool! Let me know if you need any further helps.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 7 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum