Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

I want to change the default article view (ja charity) and add one field to it. The field is inserted via jinfinity component "extra fields". in my custom created template it is inserted by the component itself, but i think with a ja template this doesn’t work. In which file do i need to put the html/php code to insert the field in the output view?

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    I am not sure how the 3rd party component work for the articles . in the template there is an override for the article php file .
    Here is path : templates/ja_charity/html/com_content/article
    And in the folder : /templates/ja_charity/html/layouts/joomla/content/item

boudewijnt Friend

Hi Pankaj,

thank you for the answer. I have some trouble with correctly finding the right spot to insert the code. According to the supplier of the component, I could insert a custom created field by adding <?php echo get_jifieldvalue(‘my-field-alias’, $this->item); ?> to the code, where ‘my-field-alias’ will be something like ‘wedding-location’ or similar. I want to do this both in the blog view and in the article view. Can you point me to the exact file and location where to do this?
    btw the website is http:/astridbruidsfotografie.nl

Thanks for your support!

1. blogview
    2. Article-view
    Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi

Here is path : templates/ja_charity/html/com_content/article
    And in the folder : /templates/ja_charity/html/layouts/joomla/content/item
    search title in the article file
    For the category blog go to the templates/ja_charity/html/com_content/category
    All files are in this folder .
    Search for the title string .

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Pankaj Sharma 8 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum