Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 103 total)
  • Author

thanks you!:)

swissa Friend

<em>@phill luckhurst 408014 wrote:</em><blockquote>Can you please create a thread detailing any of these Jomsocial problems so they can be fixed?</blockquote>

Sorry I killed that site – it was only a proof-of-concept – but I think it only appears on BS3 with JomSocial. I don’t think it has anything to do with the double mega-menü.

Now see the styling on ‘crowdsourcing’

There was a recent post with something similar but I didn’t mark it.

Hope that helps.

1. menü
    2. menü1
    tfosnom Friend

<em>@Hung Dinh 407987 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi Denis,

First of all, thank you for being a Developer,
    Hope this explains</blockquote>

In my opinion, All this says to me is you have been caught out time wise due to holidays, using resources refurbing very old (1.6, 7 )templates to J 3x compatibility for a limited few who still use them, and have thrown a 12 month old template already developed in to give the JATC its January offering and cover your contractual obligations.

While I have no problem with free hi calibre templates, whether I can use or not, as a paying member (to obtain continued support) I object to the free support these free templates get. Template free fine, want support pay same as everyone else. JA have limited developer support staff, so every time they have to deal with a free template enquiry, it’s less resources available for the JATC members that pays for support, which can lead to members being a lower priority than non members, is this fair play?

Well that’s how I see it

Shannon

Phill Moderator

Hi Shannon,

I see things very different to your good self. From my point of view a quality template such as this being given away brings so many positives that any downsides should be simply brushed under the carpet.

Let’s look at what we have here, a superb template showcasing exactly what Joomla 3.x really is capable of. With com_content now expandable in such a way we can have the kind of flexibility we have all been longing for. This can only be a good thing, bringing more people into the Joomla fray and more people to Joomlart. With the community here the more we have the better. More people brings more ideas and views such as yours, more experience, more knowledge. How can that be a bad thing?

Another thing this great template has done is openened up discussions between JA and numerous component producers. Again, this can only be of benefit to not only JA’s customers with improved support for third party components but the whole Joomla community.

On the support front things have continued to improve year on year. JA will always give priority to every customer through both the ticket system and the forums. If there you have a support issue requiring attention then feel free to drop me a PM and I will escalate your troubles or try and help.

tfosnom Friend

<em>@phill luckhurst 408339 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi Shannon,

I see things very different to your good self. From my point of view a quality template such as this being given away brings so many positives that any downsides should be simply brushed under the carpet.

Let’s look at what we have here, a superb template showcasing exactly what Joomla 3.x really is capable of. With com_content now expandable in such a way we can have the kind of flexibility we have all been longing for. This can only be a good thing, bringing more people into the Joomla fray and more people to Joomlart. With the community here the more we have the better. More people brings more ideas and views such as yours, more experience, more knowledge. How can that be a bad thing?

Another thing this great template has done is openened up discussions between JA and numerous component producers. Again, this can only be of benefit to not only JA’s customers with improved support for third party components but the whole Joomla community.

On the support front things have continued to improve year on year. JA will always give priority to every customer through both the ticket system and the forums. If there you have a support issue requiring attention then feel free to drop me a PM and I will escalate your troubles or try and help.</blockquote>

Hi Phil
    What given away template are you referring to? Purity 3 or Wall. I have no probs with Purity as a free template and said so in my post, <blockquote>While I have no problem with free hi calibre templates, whether I can use or not, as a paying member</blockquote> however a 12 mth old template? Nah, sorry just doesn’t cut it. My opinion that every time JA is short of ideas or time they throw a previous version template in stands, Seem to remember ja social ? or one was pretty much a copy of the ja own site template, again when it appeared they ran outta time or staff.

While the support I have received is good, again I must question the need for JA to give so much weight to supporting a free template. Make a fully descriptive guide and leave it as that. Like if a JATC member chooses to use any of the free templates, by membership they are entitled to full support,

but the bottom feeders that only use the freebies then clog the forums askingfor help on something free is insulting to paying members. Free template uses want support join JA free support membership at perhaps a reduced fee per year subscription 30 per yr.

That way JA can hire a support person or two JUST for handling the free templates.

Re: your implied assurance that a paying member will get priority over a non member,

<blockquote>On the support front things have continued to improve year on year. JA will always give priority to every customer through both the ticket system and the forums. If there you have a support issue requiring attention then feel free to drop me a PM and I will escalate your troubles or try and help. </blockquote>

I disagree and can search many posts on the forums and compare timestamps on requests & developer answers to suggest that free users often get answered before members. in my view this isn’t a great thing.

Shannon

Phill Moderator

You may disagree, but you only see part of the story and not what goes on behind the scenes nor the ticket system and how many of the forum posts get answered there. While in the forums it appears customers have not been answered they often have a corresponding ticket where they do get their problems fixed. JA do need to make that more visible so users such as yourself do not get the wrong impression.

Again, if you have a need for support on a technical issue then please raise a thread or ticket and if it gets delayed then feel free to drop me a message.

k ibrahim Friend

very cool. I am here finally

gringo211985 Friend

<em>@Hung Dinh 407442 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi guys,

Marching into 8th year of existence the year has to start great right? A year for template club means another set of 12 templates released over the 12 months but for us its more about quality, challenges and unique designs. To kickstart this year I present you Purity III a feature packed Joomla template which outweighs all our templates in terms of features and flexibility. More details can be read in the introductory blog post. Please do leave comments on the blog post.

A big Question : “Purity III in spite of being the monthly template would be FREE” so would it be fair for all the JATC members who expect commercial template accessible only to those who signup club membership?

Our Answer : No, its not fair to release monthly template as free and expect JATC members to accept it on face value.

Solution :

1. JA Wall access to JATC members : JA Wall bundle worth $49 will now be accessible for free to club members.

Now this decision will be welcomed by the club members but what happens to JA Wall members or members with JATC + JA Wall or JAEC + JA Wall? Let me clear the same as below :

1. JA Wall builders :
    – Current or expired JA Wall members to get 50% OFF on JATC or JAEC.
    Coupon code : WALL50JATC

2. Guys with mixed club membership where the other membership is JA Wall (current or expired).
    – 50% OFF (additional 20% OFF on top of regular 30% renewal discount) on JAEC or JATC renewal.
    Coupon code : WALLMIX20

3. Other special cases please raise a support ticket.

I know JA Wall members may feel that its not fair to ask them for more to upgrade, but please note JA Wall is single template with multiple themes whereas JATC is club membership with access to all the Joomla templates. The difference is huge.

JA Wall future :
    1. We would be maintaining JA Wall like we always have, bug fixes, new themes and regular upgrades would be available.
    2. Renewal option would still be active for JA Wall builders who do not avail the above promotion.
    3. JA Wall buy option will no longer be listed on the signup page.

We would be sending emails to all JATC and JA Wall members to intimate about the above changes.

Now back to Purity III, it would be an ongoing project for this year and we will keep updating it with features and bug fixes.

CHECK out this month’s template – Purity III </blockquote>

Can someone check if I’m entitled to download JA Wall? I am a paid template club member and when I try to download JA Wall it times out on me, I have tried downloading other files to see if it was my connection but I can download other JA templates just not wall 🙁

Phill Moderator

<em>@gringo211985 408388 wrote:</em><blockquote>Can someone check if I’m entitled to download JA Wall? I am a paid template club member and when I try to download JA Wall it times out on me, I have tried downloading other files to see if it was my connection but I can download other JA templates just not wall :(</blockquote>

Sure, it is it timing out on you but started OK then that suggests a network problem. Try again later but if you still have trouble drop me a PM and I will sort out an alternative download.

gringo211985 Friend

Hi Phil,

Managed to get it in the end, the connection re-established after a while.

Probably doesn’t help mining doge on my pc at the same time 🙂

amiralphp Friend

yes good i hope all will be ok

ozzuro Friend

thanks ok!!

hansitovilla Friend

Ok gracias

justotheceo Friend

Do I have to pay a fee in order to access and download your FREE templates????

Phill Moderator

Of course not, they are free. Are you having problems?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 103 total)

This topic contains 102 replies, has 86 voices, and was last updated by  caothanhtrung87 10 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum