Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

I’ve been looking around the forums and found some threads dealing with this.

I’m aware the template resizes the images on the frontpage to suit a specific size. What exactly are these sizes? Is there any way the height of the image can be dynamic?

Anonymous Moderator

Hi bigspring

If you want to change this option, you can find in templates/ja_sulfur/html/com_content folder

<blockquote>Is there any way the height of the image can be dynamic?</blockquote>
    => For the case, current our template does not support. We will update this issue to all templates asap.

Thank you for your question.

bigspring Friend

is there a way to override the frontpage formatting or articles so that its the same as the category blog view?

ALSO – Why are the images cropped? Is there a way to stop them from being cropped? It would be better if I could have a max-width on the images instead.

Thanks

wiery Friend

It is cropping your images because of the overides set in the files in templates/ja_sulfur/html/com_content folder.

bigspring Friend

thanks…. i’ll stop complaining for today!!! 😀

wiery Friend

No problem. I know what it’s like to need help with things like this…

Glad to help you out.

thungrac221 Friend

ok,
    what am I supposed to do in this folder?
    templates/ja_sulfur/html/com_content folder

what file or lines of code am I supposed to change?

Thanks

alicebb Friend

Images are not being resized to a particular size but are being saved as a 140×105 thumbnail & then when the page is displayed that thumbnail gets resized to whatever size image you have specified in the editor. This means that the image quality is very poor if the image size that you want is larger than 140×105.

This is a bug. When are you going to fix this?

I see that this thread is marked as ‘Answered’ when in fact it is not so I will start a new thread on this problem as it has not been answered.

bigspring Friend

I agree. The page should either resize to 140 x (x) or crop the image accordingly.

Why can’t the frontpage dynamically and proportionally resize the image, instead of re-saving it to a pre-determined size?

alicebb Friend

Regular Joomla will dynamically and proportionally resize the image for you. Just insert the image in your WYSIWYG editor & it will resized for the page when it is displayed. I am not sure what JA are trying to do with this silly business of creating 140×105 thumbnails. The best solution that I have found is to rename or delete the directory templates/ja_sulfur/html/com_content which totally disables this resizing function.

Anonymous Moderator

Hi alicebb

We are trying to do the nice template. For the reason, we have to configure the size of images to display on the frontpage. If you want to use default of joomla, you only need to rename templates/ja_sulfur/html/com_content to other name

bigspring Friend

is there any way to make the image height dynamic but keep the width 140px?

alicebb Friend

<em>@bigspring 145515 wrote:</em><blockquote>is there any way to make the image height dynamic but keep the width 140px?</blockquote>That would be horrible as the image would be distorted (stretched vertically).

bigspring Friend

no – what i mean is to resize the image proportionally. currently, if you specify a height when putting the image in the article, the resize script will do exactly what you mention and force the specified height.

the reason for this resizer is to keep images a certain width so they slot nicely into the frontpage layout.

developers – why didn’t you use CSS resize / crop for this instead of a resize script?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

This topic contains 14 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  bigspring 14 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum