Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

We just noticed while builiding our new site with JA-Magz II, that use of images in the theme is not optimized. Even for thumbnails it loads the full large images and reduces the size while rendering?
    For e.g our even our mobile view loads 6 to 7 MB of images.

I think this will slow down the site when there are a lot of images (and we have 10k plus images).

Ideally thumbnail size images should be automatically re-sized and stored as thumbnails separately from the large images. Shouldn’t it?

Please advise and help getting this fixed?

Saguaros Moderator

Hi,

In our demo site, we use sample images for demo purpose only. Please change to your desired images on your site.

cware Friend

Hi Saguaros,

We are not using the sample images. We are developing our own site with our own images.
    The screenshot attached was for our images.

Thanks.

Saguaros Moderator

Hi,

Could you share the credentials of your site and send me screenshot highlighting the image you’re mentioning? I will take a look.

Regards

cware Friend
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Saguaros Moderator

Hi,

I got your point and basically in Joomla 3.x, each article will provide you option to add Intro Image & Full article image: http://prntscr.com/erqjbh

• Intro image: will be used for intro text layouts such as blogs / featured pages or in module like your screenshot.

• Full article image: will display in detailed article page.

The thumbnails you’re mentioning are intro images of these articles, so please add a small image for Intro image.

Regards

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 7 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum