Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Hi

I would like to purchase a developer licence and the template I would specifically like to use for a client is Zibal

However, I would like some confirmation that I will have the appropriate licence to use the images for a client’s site.

I have seen that many designers are getting threatened with legal action for using images that turn out to belong to other suppliers. Getty are the best known for this and I do not want to expose my client or myself to any action

Thank you, I did email via the contact form but have had no reply. As soon as I know, I will buy the developer licence

Hung Dinh Friend

Hi

I would like to purchase a developer licence and the template I would specifically like to use for a client is Zibal

However, I would like some confirmation that I will have the appropriate licence to use the images for a client’s site.

I have seen that many designers are getting threatened with legal action for using images that turn out to belong to other suppliers. Getty are the best known for this and I do not want to expose my client or myself to any action

Thank you, I did email via the contact form but have had no reply. As soon as I know, I will buy the developer licence</blockquote>
    Hi beechfielder,
    I can confirm that you can have the right to use all the images provided with the template package for your client site. All of the provided PSD images are either designed or at least changed, customized, modified or enhanced by JoomlArt (which is also considered a new image) so you can be confidientt to use it.
    Feel free to ask if you have any other question

switt44 Friend

Greetings,

Licensed use of copyrighted images typically applies to derivative works.

ie. modified, enhanced or whatever!

Images that are supplied “royalty free” to end users are typically not allowed
    to be re-sold!

Please Note: If JoomlArt holds the copyright to all the images supplied
    in the templates & in turn offers “royalty free use” to all licensed domains–
    there should be no re-use problem by JA licensed domains.

Any images that JA has purchased from third parties for use as samples in the templates
    may not necessarily be used “royalty free” by JA licensed members or their
    clients without liability for “unlicensed use”.

Copyrighted images re-sold for “royalty free use” or available for Open Source distribution/publication would require special terms from stock agencies.
    Would JA consider resale of their templates as a fair use?
    probably not. (modified, enhanced or whatever)

I have also requested info on this specific issue of “licensed use” & “royalty free use”
    of the sample images supplied with JA templates. Please, advise ASAP.

thank you
    sWitt @ meanpony

beechfielder Friend

Thank you for your reply, I, too would appreciate clarification on S witt’s point.

I know Getty have been chasing people for unlicensed use of image – see http://www.sitepoint.com/forums/showthread.php?t=390902

I do not want to put my client in this position. However, if you can assure me categorically that I will hold the appropriate license for the images I will go ahead and buy the joomla art license, I do like your templates a lot.

The specific image I want to use is the one of grass blades on the front of Zibal

Michael Casha Friend

With a developer’s license you can reuse the images and templates on as many websites as you like and edit them as required.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Michael Casha 17 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum