Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Hi there, im new to the site, im starting with joomla and im playing with JA_Nex (sorry for my english, its horrible, i know lol) and i was wondering if
    there was any way to add new position to the template.

I did a lot of editing and i could modify some existing positions to suit my needs but this time i need to add a new position and i dont know how to do it, googled a bit and nobody came with a simple answer (or one that works for me) so i figured that was better to ask here. =)

Im trying to add a new position next to “social” position (wich i already modified to insert a weather module in that place) i dont care if its to the right
    or to the left, i can edit the position later, but i dont even know how to make a copy of it so i can edit it, any help ?

Im using Joomla 2.5 !!

Thanks =)

pavit Moderator

Hi

Goto this file templatesja_nexblocksheader.php at line 35 you have this code for the social position

<?php if($this->countModules(‘social’)) : ?>
    <div id=”ja-social”>
    <jdoc:include type=”modules” name=”social” />
    </div>
    <?php endif; ?>
    </div>

You can copy it to create a new position so the new code for your header.php file will be like this below

<?php if($this->countModules(‘social’)) : ?>
    <div id=”ja-social”>
    <jdoc:include type=”modules” name=”social” />
    </div>
    <?php endif; ?>
    <?php if($this->countModules(‘mymodule’)) : ?>
    <div id=”ja-mymodule”>
    <jdoc:include type=”modules” name=”mymodule” />
    </div>
    <?php endif; ?>
    </div>

Then open this file templatesja_nextemplateDetails.xml and add the name of the new position

<position>mymodule</position>

Then make your changes in the templatesja_nexcsstemplate.css for the ja-mymodule class in the topheader section like is for ja-social

ja_antich Friend

Thanks !!!!

Ill be trying to do it in a few hours, ill let you know how it went.

Thanks again !!!

EDIT: I SO FREAKING LOVE YOU !!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!! it worked like a charm, thanks SO MUCH, for making this answer “idiot proof” lol, it was EXACTLY what i was looking for.

THANKS !!!!!!!!!!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  ja_antich 11 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum