Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Hi,
    I know that the “like” button and “Be the first of your friends to like this” is generated by facebook.com.
    I read that it is possible to switch to another language adding “locale=X_Y” to the code.
    Which file should I edit? I was trying it with default.php (tmpl folder) but no result.
    Thank you for your help.
    Petra

Manos Moderator

Hi Petra,

Unfortunately we don’t have access to this file as it’s controlled actually from FB, so the message is auto translated by the language tag that goes to FB -> xml:lang=”en-gb” lang=”en-gb”

Regards

petrahk Friend

Hi,
    think that solution is to edit default.php code:
    [PHP]echo ‘<iframe src=”http://www.facebook.com/plugins/likebox.php?locale=cs_CZ’.$sFacebookQuery.'”
    scrolling=”no” frameborder=”0″
    style=”
    overflow:hidden;
    width:’.$aParams[‘width’].’px;
    height:’.$aParams[‘height’].’px; allowTransparency: true;”></iframe>’;
    ?>[/PHP]
    But I am not sure about LOCALE=, if it is in right place…
    :((

Manos Moderator

Hi,
    If you use more than one languages in your website then Joomla controls locale so i don’t think that this will be an issue.
    The issue will become more difficult when facebook actually sets the language using browsers settings and not the xml instructions.

petrahk Friend

<em>@pascm 309097 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi,
    If you use more than one languages in your website then Joomla controls locale so i don’t think that this will be an issue.
    The issue will become more difficult when facebook actually sets the language using browsers settings and not the xml instructions.</blockquote>
    I am using one language in this site.
    Concerning browser: I see Czech language on Joomlart site. On “my site” I see English “Like”.
    Any advice?

Manos Moderator

Can you please provide us a link to your website ?

petrahk Friend
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  petrahk 12 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum