Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author

Hi there – My site is: http://www.ri2k.london

I have a problem with a Virtuemart custom field (my colour swatch) not being displayed in category/browse view…due to a template level error says the plugin dev.

I have tested an upload of the latest VM ‘products’ file in my _templates/mytemplate/html/comvirtuemart/sublayouts folder, and the swatch does show up but when I copy the latest ‘customfields’ code into various lines in my current ‘customized products file the changes don’t seem to work.

This is the new VM code:

<?php //echo $rowsHeight[$row]['customs'] ?>
                <div class="vm3pr-<?php echo $rowsHeight[$row]['customfields'] ?>"> <?php
                    echo shopFunctionsF::renderVmSubLayout('addtocart',array('product'=>$product,'rowHeights'=>$rowsHeight[$row], 'position' => array('ontop', 'addtocart'))); ?>
                </div>

And then this is my code at present: My file also has an additional first line as below…

<div class="product-action">
                        <?php //echo $rowsHeight[$row]['customs'] ?>
                <div class="vm3pr-<?php echo $rowsHeight[$row]['customfields'] ?>"> <?php
                    echo shopFunctionsF::renderVmSubLayout('addtocart',array('product'=>$product,'rowHeights'=>$rowsHeight[$row], 'position' => array('ontop', 'addtocart'))); ?>
                </div>

AS YOU CAN SEE THEY BOTH SEEM TO BE THE SAME APART FROM THE FIRST LINE BUT I just need to figure out what else needs to change in my products file, to get the swatch to display

Can you please advise me on how this can be accomplished please.

• This topic was modified 6 years, 2 months ago by  Ch1vpH.
    Saguaros Moderator

Hi,

Kindly share the admin + ftp account so I can take a look.

Ch1vpH Friend
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Saguaros Moderator

Hi,

I tried to switch default template to a standard template of Joomla but I see the color swatch still works fine, https://ri2k.london/handbags/clutches/lockie-clutch-in-black-detail

Could you share screenshot of how you want it should be here?

Ch1vpH Friend

Hi there,

The details view has always worked fine, my issue is with the swatch not showing in the ”category/browse view” as attached.

1. ri2k-cate
    Saguaros Moderator

Hi,

It seems that you have cache enabled in server side, I’ve tried to add some custom css but there is no change reflect on frontend.

Pls try to disable it temporarily so I can check for you.

Regards

Ch1vpH Friend

Hi there,

I did seem to have a ‘Static Cache’ setup on the hosting cPanel but have disabled now, although I’ve never not had any changes I’ve made to the custom.css not show up in the past – (Although I’d normally test via the page inspect first on the frontend of a browser first)

Hopefully it works now though when you check again!

BUT PLEASE NOTE THAT: I HAVE HAD TO RESTORE MY SITE

As I noticed a lot of issues/problems and changes to the way my site ‘looked & worked’ which I’m guessing may have been due to the switching of templates you mentioned that you tried early thread.

1) T3 footer logo did reappeared.

2) The complex way my main menu works on x4 different devices with varying sticky menu sizes as well as padding with horizontal lines at different px amounts WAS COMPLETELY MESSED UP!

2 a) This in turn affected my main banner being cropped off and not responsive…on my medium size screen setup!

3) The way I managed to get the categories module on the homepage to show half a picture and text reverted back to just the text.

I maybe wrong but (as I’ve had other people work on the site) but the restore ‘I have now done’ the day before my original post has thankfully fixed all the above issues!

• This reply was modified 6 years, 2 months ago by  Ch1vpH. Reason: Explaining issue that occured on site
    Ch1vpH Friend

Back to the issue at hand again though, I’ve attached two screenshots (with explanations) of what happens as a test upload of a standard VM products file looks like (which I downloaded) – WHICH DOES SHOW THE SWATCH!

….and a screenshot of my current VM products file (with other changes I’ve made) which does not show the swatch.

Please feel free to test any custom code but as long as it’s not going to affect any other areas of my live site!

1. standard-products-file
    2. current-products-file
    Saguaros Moderator

Let me check and will get back to you.

Ch1vpH Friend

Ok thanks please advise asap.

Thankyou!

Saguaros Moderator

Hi,

It seems that the cache is enabled again, could you disable it first?

Ch1vpH Friend

Hello!

The Static Cache’ on the cPanel has now been disabled again, let me know!

Ch1vpH Friend

Hi there,

I’ve noticed that the swatch has now appeared on my site, which was a delight to see & I know you’ve not had a chance to test the code yourself as yet (because of the cache problem) But there seems to be a few more smaller issue’s now in regard to positioning & functionality!

It looks OK on most products (which is absolutely great) but on other products the swatch overlaps on to the products text?? This issue also seems to happen after I click a different colour on the swatch it then overlaps again…

If you go through the ‘shop all‘ section you should get the gist of the above glitches….

1. before-and-after
    2. some-products
    Saguaros Moderator

We moved it to outside the custom fields section so that it can always display over the title and not overlap the text.

It seems the cache is enabled again, could you disable it and enable later when everything is done?

Ch1vpH Friend

Hi there,

I have made another tweak to the products file see below, which has nearly fixed the positioning problem (as it had now started to overlap the add to cart button)

But I moved the <div class="product-action"> etc…code from line 154 to line 91 which nearly works perfectly now…..that’s until towards the bottom of the ‘Shop All’ page for example the Swatch seems to overlap the ‘in stock text’

PS no cache should be on atm.

1. topofapge
    2. downthepage
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)

This topic contains 28 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 6 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum