Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Can I remove the green create an account button but keep the login button?

Thanks

Laura Rubino Friend

yes you can. Just disable from the menu. check and see which menu it belongs too.

🙂

stuarta60 Friend

Hi thanks for reply 🙂

You don’t happen to know what menu it is I can’t seem to find it…

Thanks

Laura Rubino Friend

Try module position: quickaccess. i will try to look it up and answer you if thats not it.

stuarta60 Friend

Thanks, yea that’s took it off completely. Is there anyway I can keep the login part of the button and just remove the create an account?

Or am I best just creating a custom html module in that position with the login button just linking to a login page?
    I wouldn’t be able to have the dropdown login function that way though?

Phill Moderator

You can remove the create button but it looks a little odd as it is not styled to be without. You would need to adjust the styling of the button. Tell me which way you want to go and I will try and help.

stuarta60 Friend

Hi

That would be great if you could help.

I would prefer to keep the JA Login module with the dropdown function and just remove the “Create an account” part of it if you think it’s possible.

Phill Moderator

Tou remove the create part of the button simply open templates>ja_community_plus>html>mod_jalogin>default.php and around line 65 find the following code ant either comment it out or delete it

<a class="register-switch" href="<?php echo JRoute::_("index.php?option=com_user&task=register");?>" onclick="showBox('ja-user-register','namemsg',this, window.event || event);return false;" >
    <span><?php echo JText::_('REGISTER');?></span>
    </a>

Then you will have to edit the background graphic (images/btn-round-green.png) to whatever style suits your needs.

Finally, find the following code in templates>ja_community_plus>css>template.css around line 1172 and change the figure I have marke in red from 90px to 170px

element.style {
    display:block;
    opacity:1;
    visibility:visible;

}

#ja-quickaccess #ja-user-register, #ja-quickaccess #ja-user-login {
    background:url("../images/arrow-05.png") no-repeat scroll 90px top transparent;
    display:none;
    padding-top:12px;
    position:absolute;
    right:0;
    text-align:left;
    top:30px;
    z-index:999;

}

That will move the little pointer to underneath the new position of your button.

stuarta60 Friend

Perfect! Thanks alot for your help 🙂

boost_it Friend

<em>@makegoodmedia 216602 wrote:</em><blockquote>Try module position: quickaccess. i will try to look it up and answer you if thats not it.</blockquote>

Looking at Module Positions, the Login and Create an Account is in the Main Menu but I cannot seem to locate it. Can you please assist in finding it as I need to remove them both from the menu bar.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  boost_it 13 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum