Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author

I would like to have this image (see link below) cover the blue on both the left and right. I have the image set as a background image in the masshead position of the default layout.

This picture shows hero style 1 in full-screen. It also looks the same way when I create a Call-To-Action module.

Can anyone help me figure out what I’m doing wrong here?

http://screencast.com/t/dVXdUIqs

Ninja Lead Moderator

Hi,

How can I see the screenshot of you mention above? I checked that under the service page but I could not see the background image. If possible, you can add the background image and give me the link, I will check and help you out.

Regards

kella@youngerusa.com Friend

I have attached the background image here. I’m sorry about that.

1. banner_Vanessa_test
    Ninja Lead Moderator

I checked the URLyou provided and that url is using other template not the Uber template.

You can give me the URL of the site running Uber template and besides that, you need to add the image to Call-To-Action module, I will check that and help you to show a full-width image on your site.

Hello,

I am sorry for the wrong URL. It is youngerusa.com/j3new

I was experiencing this problem even when it was set to a call-to-action module.

However, since then I have installed the Music test site and it seems to be working fine. I am not sure what the problem was, but I am no longer experiencing it.

Thank you for you help!

Ninja Lead Moderator

As I can that image background shows fully under Hero Style-1 module on your site. Is that fine now?

I changed the position of the module. When it is in masshead position, it is cut on both ends. It seems to do this when I have anything in the masshead position so I am not using that position.

It is now in the acm header position and it shows full screen.

What size image should I use for a background image in the Uber modules? I have noticed that the size of the image doesn’t shrink to fit the screen so it leaves my backgrounds looking messy. Sometimes the full image doesn’t show up and sometimes the text overlaps the images. I have put some images below.

I would like to create background images that I can be sure will look nice on any size screen. Can anyone help?

1st image is the one I am using as a background
    2nd image is hero style 6 showing that my image was blown up so big that you can’t see much of it at all
    3rd image is call-to-action style 3 and you can see that the text goes right over my background image. I would like to be able to design my backgrounds in a way so they will not have text over the important pictures.

All of these examples are in the ACM header position.

domain: youngerusa.com/j3new

1. banner_Vanessa_test-2
    2. hero_style_6-1
    3. cta_style_3
    Ninja Lead Moderator

Try to use my solution below

Create templates/uber/css/custom.css file and add new rule

.acm-hero {
        background-size: cover !important;
    }

Should I already have a templates/uber/css/custom.css file? I cannot find it. I have added an image of the files in this folder.

If I need to add the file, do I need to use dreamweaver to do it?

1. custom.css_missing
    Ninja Lead Moderator

Any template built with T3 framework will support ‘custom.css’ file to hold all custom css code on your site but by default, this file doesn’t exist and you need to create it.

Or just download my attached file and unzip > copy to your site in above directory.

1. custom.css_.zip

Thank you, that seems to have helped a little. As you can see the new image I posted below is again hero 6 but now with the custom.css file in place.

However, I am hoping that I can have the text and buttons stay in the same place when the screen gets smaller. This way it looks the same on all computer screens (I don’t care if the mobile screens are different, but at least all computer screens should be the same). See the second image for how it presents on a smaller computer screen.

1. hero-style6-after
    2. hero-6-smaller
    Ninja Lead Moderator

Try to change this way

Open templates/uber/css/custom.css file

find and change

.acm-hero {
    }

to

@media screen and (max-width: 767px) {
        .acm-hero {
            background-size: 100% !important;
        }   
    }
    @media  (min-width: 1200px) {
        .acm-hero {
        }
    }
    @media screen and (min-width: 992px) {
        .acm-hero {
        }
    }

I tried it but still no luck

Ninja Lead Moderator

I will forward that problem to the development team for further checking. You can give me admin login and FTP account of your site via your reply and set as private reply

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)

This topic contains 23 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Ninja Lead 8 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum