Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)
  • Author

I posted this in the Anion thread, but i think this is where it should go

I had a tonne of problems installing the JA Anion template. I kept getting the following:
    <blockquote>

* JFolder::files: Path does not point to a valid folder or the folder has been deleted.
    * JFolder::folder: Path does not point to a valid folder or the folder has been deleted.
    * JFolder::files: Path does not point to a valid folder or the folder has been deleted.
    * Error! Could not find a Joomla! XML setup file in the package.

</blockquote>

None of the following will work:
    – Download all 13 files in the zip, opening it, and uploading the ja_anion.v1.2.4.zip from the template folder, every other component and plugin will install but for some very stupid reason the template will not
    – Downloading the template separately from joomlart and using the install component will also not install
    – unzipping ja_anion.v1.2.4.zip and recreating the zip file (I encountered this problem with some templates before)

What works:
    – unzip the ja_anion.v1.2.4.zip locally
    – using an FTP client, copy folder ja_anion.v1.2.4 on your server /var/www/html/<YOUR INSTALL FOLDER>/tmp/
    – you should now see /var/www/html/<YOUR INSTALL FOLDER>/tmp/ja_anion.v1.2.4 on your server
    – install the template by choosing the ‘Install from Directory’ option and entering /var/www/html/<YOUR INSTALL FOLDER>/tmp/ja_anion.v1.2.4 into the text box and hit ‘install’

this should install the template.

I have to say I am not very happy that I spent an entire day on this. Its now 11:25pm on a Friday night.. I am very F****** angry!

onanongkwan Friend

I Install JA Ores template for Joomla 1.5
    (on host & localhost)

After I Click upload files & install.

I get the following error:

“JFolder::create: Could not create directory
    Warning! Failed to move file.”

Please help me.

dheles Friend

I am using:

Bluehost
    Windows vista
    Already have Joomla 1.5 installed
    Trying to install JA Labra Template

I had this problem before…. Your instructions do not work…. I think it is a problem with the files being double zipped…. Can you please tell me exactly what file is suppose to be selected for upload and install….

Thanks

Del Heles

congtq Friend

Can you please tell me exactly what file is suppose to be selected for upload and install….</blockquote>
    You only need zip file in quickstart folder to install

”JFolder::create: Could not create directory
    Warning! Failed to move file.”</blockquote>
    Made sure all folder on your host can be overwritten, try seting all folder with permisson is 777. After sucessfully instalation, you can re-set these permisson for secure reason.

amaliskas Friend

I am new to Joomla. I am having trouble downloading the JA Social template. Do I download all the files are just the template or quickstart? When I download the template I keep on getting the same error as above “Could not find the XML setup” I thought it was more intuitive, but I am learning that it is not. I have used Dreamweaver in the past and trusting this will be easier, but I am struggling and cannot seem to find easy answers. Please help. I need to get a website running for a new client asap and was hoping to switch over to Joomla. Looking forward to a response.

Thank you!

mbouhamdan Friend

could you please tell me if you to extact the file before you install them. it is not leting me install the package as i downloaded thnaks.

Phill Moderator

When you download a package it contains loads of files including the template, plugins, components, source files, quickstart etc. Most people extract the zip then use the quickstart. The quickstart folder also contains a zip that must be extracted then installed as if you were installing Joomla from scratch.

mbouhamdan Friend

the other problem is when i install the template i can’t use it because it needs jat3 framework plugin for JA Anion but when i try to install it it is telling me that it does exist and i can’t do any any thing thanks if u could help

Phill Moderator

Have you enabled it in the plugin manager?

migman Friend

Some may find this useful:

To install a template in localhost:

• Go to Extensions > Install/Uninstall
    • Look at install directory – it might be something like: C:wampserver64wwwtmp
    • Open the zip file with containing the template
    • It should contain folders like “admin, blocks… css …etc.” and files including info.xml
    • Extract it (usually by dragging the files) to the C:wampserver64wwwtmp directory
    • Click Install button on the right, near the Install from Directory heading
    • Go to (Main Menu) > Template Manager and you should see the new tempate
    • Make it the active template by clicking the “default” checkbox next to the template name, then click “Default” ( at top right with the Star symbol underneath)
    administracioncordoba Friend

Hello,
    I bought and installed the template and install JAAnion and all its components I have some problems. The main one is that in the template manager, do not work many of the configuration buttons. For example, in the Profiles tab does not work any of the links to change the colors of the template. In the other tabs There are also buttons do not work.
    Thanks.

Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)

This topic contains 41 replies, has 31 voices, and was last updated by  administracioncordoba 13 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum