Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 41 total)
  • Author

I am having the same issue with JA Ores template.
    I’ve downloaded the zip folder ja_ores.v1.1.3.zip
    this appears to be a template itself, not a zip folder containing a zip folder…
    There was an error uploading this file to the server.
    Unable to find install package

gpaps Friend

<em>@ardexus 178048 wrote:</em><blockquote>I am having the same issue with JA Ores template.
    I’ve downloaded the zip folder ja_ores.v1.1.3.zip
    this appears to be a template itself, not a zip folder containing a zip folder…
    There was an error uploading this file to the server.
    Unable to find install package
    </blockquote>

I’ve got the exact same problem. Need this installed urgently Any fix yet?

ardexus Friend

<em>@gpaps 178152 wrote:</em><blockquote>I’ve got the exact same problem. Need this installed urgently Any fix yet?</blockquote>
    I could not get the upload/install to work, but was able to install the template from a directory.

Try uploading the .zip folder to a folder on your server, then extract the files using cpanel or whatever file manager utility your host offers. Then point the joomla installer to that folder using the Extensions>>Install/Uninstall>>Install from Directory option.

Alternately, you can unzip the template locally and ftp all the files to a folder on your server and use the Extensions>>Install/Uninstall>>Install from Directory option that way.

tulinproducciones Friend

<em>@mfigueroa 115293 wrote:</em><blockquote>I am installing the Aug 21, JA Olivine template for Joomla 1.5. I followed the above instructions, however after clicking on the install button, I get the following error:

“Error! could not find an XMLsetup file in the package.”

Can you please advice what the issue is?</blockquote>

Hi Mr. I have the same problem and I donĀ“t understand english too much, my progress is slow. Did you find any solution?
    Thanks!

ardexus Friend

I think what I did was unzip the template locally and then transfer the files by FTP to my site. Have you tried that method?

gwyner Friend

I am getting an error when trying to install template “There was an error uploading this file to the server.”

I have installed all of the components and plug-ins with no errors but the template will not install.

I did extract the original downloaded file and am trying to install “C:UsersGwynerDesktopja_opaltemplateja_opal.v1.0.1.zip” but get the error above. Any help would be appreciated as I have to get going on this site.

uniquebiz Friend

When you say you’ve installed all of the components and plugins? What components and plugins to what site? I’m asking if you have installed the quickstart version of opal and now re trying to install the template as well?

gwyner Friend

Thanks for you reply. I was trying to add template to a current installation. Added components, modules and plug-ins with no problems but template fails. No I have deleted current site and am currently uploading the quickstart package.

Any idea on how to connect the sample database when I am done uploading via FTP?

uniquebiz Friend

Hi read the how to install quickstart guide in step 6 of the installation hit the button install sample data the installer will install a fresh copy of Joomla 1.5.18 , plus the demo data and template and connect to the db you tell it to in the install process

best way to do it is the find the quickstart zip upload that to the empty site, use your host file manager to extract that zip. Create a database to suit, then navigate to the site url where the extracted zip is and the installer will run

ardexus Friend

As for connecting the database, you’ll find fields for database name, host name/database server, username, password, etc. in configuration.php. Simply edit these fields to match the settings of your database and it should connect your site to its database.

niceidea Friend

I am try to istall ja_quartz_j15.zip template backage but not successful and give me this error message
    Error! Could not find a Joomla! XML setup file in the package.

Anonymous Moderator

Hi niceidea,

<blockquote>I am try to istall ja_quartz_j15.zip template backage but not successful and give me this error message
    Error! Could not find a Joomla! XML setup file in the package.</blockquote>

For your above problem, please follow the below assumptions
    – Try to extract ja_quartz_j15.zip and check whether it contains file templateDetails.xml or not
    – Maybe the downloaded zip file contains many extensions inside and you have not extracted to get individual files
    – Confirm whether you have strictly followed the userguide: http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/ja-quartz-userguide/

Hope to hear more from you

simplified Friend

Hi Hung,

It appears to me that there may be something wrong with your Download packager system. By the way, it’s very nice to be able to download multiple components at once.

However, it seems that the Packager is producing defective template packages when multiple items are downloaded – by omitting the TemplateDetails.xml. I just had this experience with Droid and Ores. But when I download Droid by itself the package is good, I only get one error: ”

* JInstaller::install: File ‘/tmp/install_4c5a0ad5018bd/en-GB.tpl_ja_droid.ini’ does not exist.
    * JInstaller::install: File ‘/tmp/install_4c5a0ad5018bd/admin/en-GB.tpl_ja_droid.ini’ does not exist.

I hope that maybe this helps you solve this issue for some users who have reported it.

Marius de Lange Friend

Forgive me a silly question, but what is the recommended way to upgrade a template or extension? I’ve found using this procedure for upgrades do not work.

Saguaros Moderator

you upgrade extensions with one in options:
    1) you use the compare tool http://update.joomlart.com/#compare/JATCDROID/1.2.2/1.2.1 ,to know which files are changed and you only update for those files

2) get the lastest version and update all files and folders by install / uninstall method.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 41 total)

This topic contains 41 replies, has 31 voices, and was last updated by  administracioncordoba 13 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum