Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 274 total)
  • Author

Hi,

I have tried the quickstart, uploaded the files and then go to the installation but just get the following error: A file permissions error has occurred. Please check the permissions on the script and the directory it is in and try again.
    This error does not happen if I install a standard joomla base.
    Please advise on what to change.
    Regards
    Phil

enjoyonline Friend

Might also want to mention that you may need to change File Permissions to get the install to run. I found success by setting all Files/Folders to 755 but other permissions may be sufficient. I had to do this as I originally got the rather unhelpful (i.e. doesn’t tell you what files/folders this issues are with) PHP/Apache message: “A file permissions error has occurred. Please check…”

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

Hi enjoyline,

Thats joomla standard requirement and on standard hosts this problem doesnot occur. If you have this problem with your host, then you should consider changing your host. You might end up solving folder / file permissions all the time with that host.

Arvind

sunnysunnyspain Friend

Please can someone help me?? I have been trying to install ja_sulfur for days – tried every possible method and spent hours ftp ing files and folders.
    Finally today I got something working – I uploaded the expanded quuickstart folder/files using an ftp client, this put everything inside public_html/quickstart/ja_sulfur, so when I did the install that’s where it installed to (I can’t remember there being an option to install anywhere else, but I might just have missed this).
    So now if I go to my url http://www.sunnysunnyspain.com I get the index list as there is no index.php file in there. If I click on quickstart, then ja_sulfur I can see the site as in the demo so i know it is installed correctly – but just in the wrong place. I have put a sample index.html file there now to stop the index showing.

My question is Do I have to delete and go through it all again? and if so, do i upload the folders inside ja_sulfur directly into the root (so not actually uploading the quickstart nor the ja_sulfur folders?

OR, can I move the files and folders from their current sub folder to the root – if i do this will it work okay?
    Thanks in anticipation of a solution.

Sherlock Friend

Hi
    Please move files from current sub-folder to root folder, then config again path in configuration.php file
    Regards

sunnysunnyspain Friend

Thanks, that worked fine. I’m pretty sure I will have lots more questions in the next few weeks:confused:

ecoxport Friend

Is there a way to Quickstart on a already developed website? I am having a lot of trouble installing the JA-Teline IV for J1.5 on my alredy developed website, even in the Admin area the Template Manager looks different from a Quickstart that I did in another domain….

TomC Moderator

<em>@ecoxport 261605 wrote:</em><blockquote>Is there a way to Quickstart on a already developed website? I am having a lot of trouble installing the JA-Teline IV for J1.5 on my alredy developed website, even in the Admin area the Template Manager looks different from a Quickstart that I did in another domain….</blockquote>
    What do you mean by “installing on already developed website?”

Do you mean in a sub-folder and/or for a sub-domain?

Phill Moderator

<em>@ecoxport 261605 wrote:</em><blockquote>Is there a way to Quickstart on a already developed website? I am having a lot of trouble installing the JA-Teline IV for J1.5 on my alredy developed website, even in the Admin area the Template Manager looks different from a Quickstart that I did in another domain….</blockquote>

Not really possible I am afraid.

I can fully appreciate your problem though. Teline 4 is one of the most complex templates out there with a lot of important things to setup. It is a matter of a lot of work making sure everything is setup in an exact way. If you run into trouble please start threads with each individual problem an we will do our best to assist.

benmont86 Friend

I have followed your instructions exactly as you said in order to install the quickstart package. But when I go to my website’s domain, the installation skips to the last step, already finished, however, i havent even even chosen language or database neither was able to install sample data. Whats the problem and how can i fix it please?

Phill Moderator

For it to do that there must be some already present configuration files such as configuration.php so try clearing your hosting area and starting again.

benmont86 Friend

<em>@phill luckhurst 295138 wrote:</em><blockquote>For it to do that there must be some already present configuration files such as configuration.php so try clearing your hosting area and starting again.</blockquote>

Thanks. It worked now.

nubtech24 Friend

I already have an active template, I’ve tried extracting the quickstart.zip onto root folder and when gone to the url it has gone to the last step where it asks to remove installs folder but when i rename the installs folder i can’t see anything. when you mean clean the hosting area what do you exactly mean? please could you elaborate a bit more?
    <em>@phill luckhurst 295138 wrote:</em><blockquote>For it to do that there must be some already present configuration files such as configuration.php so try clearing your hosting area and starting again.</blockquote>

Phill Moderator

<em>@nubtech24 390542 wrote:</em><blockquote>I already have an active template, I’ve tried extracting the quickstart.zip onto root folder and when gone to the url it has gone to the last step where it asks to remove installs folder but when i rename the installs folder i can’t see anything. when you mean clean the hosting area what do you exactly mean? please could you elaborate a bit more?</blockquote> The quickstart is a complete Joomla install and not meant to be installed on an existing site. Please detail exactly what you are trying to do so we can help.

relaxy Friend

hello! please help me to install quickstart .
    i try to install JAVintas.
    first of all downloaded jatc_vintas_j25.zip directly to my server, unzip it and go my site.
    installation started but with next Warnings:
    Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: open(/var/www/v-5436/data/mod-tmp/sess_4pbufamo22i3ovfq18ikvi7264, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in /var/www/v-5436/data/www/relaxy.kz/libraries/joomla/session/session.php on line 532
    and
    Warning: session_write_close() [function.session-write-close]: open(/var/www/v-5436/data/mod-tmp/sess_4pbufamo22i3ovfq18ikvi7264, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in /var/www/v-5436/data/www/relaxy.kz/libraries/joomla/session/session.php on line 676

Warning: session_write_close() [function.session-write-close]: Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/var/www/v-5436/data/mod-tmp) in /var/www/v-5436/data/www/relaxy.kz/libraries/joomla/session/session.php on line 676
    i selected language and installation stopped. nothing is happened.
    what should i do?
    ilya

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 274 total)

This topic contains 274 replies, has 97 voices, and was last updated by  TomC 10 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum